Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any other Retail Managers out here?

Any other Retail Managers out here?

Old May 15th 2014, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

Ianriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any other Retail Managers out here?

I've been over here for 9 months now and am on my second job as the first one I got really wasn't my style. I knew that the retail landscape was going to be different here but I am already thinking about looking for a third new one. I know it takes time to settle into new roles etc and before now didn't move firms for 7+ years so that may be part of it but some of the systems and ways of working are so crude it's untrue.

My experience is good and I have even managed to earn more here than at home (amazing) and whenever I've looked, without blowing my own trumpet too hard, I've either been offered or turned down offers. Looking at the strength of some of current management teams I am not surprised though!

Anyone on the forum that works in retail and want to swap stories?
Old May 15th 2014, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Purrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any other Retail Managers out here?

Originally Posted by Ianriv
...but some of the systems and ways of working are so crude it's untrue.

Curious to hear more about this. Any examples come to mind?
Old May 16th 2014, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Ianriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond repute

Yes lots thanks, suffice to say pen and paper isn't really the most efficient replenishment system in this day and age. I also saw the way you trolled Dennis Bergkamp's thread and don't really want to get involved in that here thanks
Old May 16th 2014, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Purrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond repute

I also saw the way you trolled Dennis Bergkamp's thread and don't really want to get involved in that here thanks

Heh. You're no fun. I was actually genuinely curious. Thought it was quite an interesting thread.

Don't really have any strong views about working practices in New Zealand, seeing as I haven't been paid for a day's work over there for over 25 years. I worked in retail (wine) a long time ago and although I manage different types of projects and people in a completely different field these days, I'm always interested in reading about people's experiences in New Zealand, especially to do with work and careers.
Old May 16th 2014, 1:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Y I also saw the way you trolled Dennis Bergkamp's thread and don't really want to get involved in that here thanks
Hey there.

I haven't seen any trolling in that thread at all by anyone. Nor have there been any reported posts. The thread is simply an exchange of posts about what is a contentious issue. That is all.

Originally Posted by ianriv
....but some of the systems and ways of working are so crude it's untrue.
Perhaps elaborate on that a little so people know what you mean.