Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any nurses heading to Dunedin?

Any nurses heading to Dunedin?

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Smile Any nurses heading to Dunedin?

Hi
We have settled on Dunedin as it seems to offer everything we need for a young family. I have emailed Dunedin hospital and recieved an email asking for our number to discuss jobs. We cant emmigrate until Sept 08 but they seem keen which is great.

The only thing i cant find much info on is pay scales. I have five years experience and would love to no what kind of salary to expect. Il probally find out when the recruitment team call us but im very impatient!

One last question if anyone has gone to work here do they offer relocation packages. I noticed wellington hospital were but im not sure if welly is the exception or whether relocation packages are the norm.

Kat.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any nurses heading to Dunedin?

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
Hi
We have settled on Dunedin as it seems to offer everything we need for a young family. I have emailed Dunedin hospital and recieved an email asking for our number to discuss jobs. We cant emmigrate until Sept 08 but they seem keen which is great.

The only thing i cant find much info on is pay scales. I have five years experience and would love to no what kind of salary to expect. Il probally find out when the recruitment team call us but im very impatient!

One last question if anyone has gone to work here do they offer relocation packages. I noticed wellington hospital were but im not sure if welly is the exception or whether relocation packages are the norm.

Kat.
I'm an RN in Welly. Basic pay wll be $54k & nights & weekends, the NZNO have proposed a pay deal which shoulde be accepted very shortly. There was a post on BE saying Dunedin hosp was 50 nurses short. Most DHB's are trying to get away from relocation packages - it also ties you into the job. Good luck with all your planning, it will be stressful.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Talking Re: Any nurses heading to Dunedin?

Thanks boopy
The hospital rang last night, no relocation packages but very helpful in terms of what we need to do and sent lots of email links for accomodation, schools etc.

Basically once we recieve nurse registration we can apply for jobs. Thank fully they are really short of ED nurses which is my speciality.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any nurses heading to Dunedin?

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
Thanks boopy
The hospital rang last night, no relocation packages but very helpful in terms of what we need to do and sent lots of email links for accomodation, schools etc.

Basically once we recieve nurse registration we can apply for jobs. Thank fully they are really short of ED nurses which is my speciality.

Dunedin is short across the board, if that's where you want to live, take owt it's a foot in the door. But I'm sure they grab the chance of an experienced ED nurse. You can check out the nursing council site & see as soon as your reg is done. You can look & apply no & tell them it's being processed, they can look on the register as soon as it's one. Google DHB Otago & look at the vacancies.