Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any ideas?? BMI42 . On temp work visa. Parents here and have a child here.

Any ideas?? BMI42 . On temp work visa. Parents here and have a child here.

Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any ideas?? BMI42 . On temp work visa. Parents here and have a child here.

I'm very sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you will not get through the medical part with a BMI of 42. The limit for NZIS is 35, we have heard on this forum, and through other channels, of exceptions being granted up to about37. A BMI of 42 is a definite NO, and you will need to think about that before you continue the process.

Good luck
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: BMI ISSUE... :s

Um. Yes. You have to meet the requirements for health.

If you are already here then it must be on a visitor visa?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:11 am
Just Joined

alex1310 is an unknown quantity at this point

1st post

Hi there,

so im currently i new zealand and applying for resadancy as i have a partner and a child from here,

my issue is my MY BMI its 42... i dont drink or smoke at all but am very neavous regarding this...

ANY comments will be helpful, THANK YOU

--------------------------------------------------------
2nd post
so even though my son and gf are here id be sent back??

---------------------------------------------------------

3rd post

SHIT! am on a work visa.. my sister and mum who are my only family are NZ RESADANCY holders 2 so i would be sent back to know family as my farther has passed away...

i dont know what happened to my last post....

-----------------------------------------------

4th post

but my BMI is 42 and i have been told by a few people here this is to high for a permit...

but i do have a son and gf of 3years also my mum and sister are P.R and i have no family back in the UK left as my dad has pasted away...

can i ask for a waiver or bit more time to get the weight off??

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 23rd 2012 at 6:43 am. Reason: adjust previous merged posts and threads to make better sense.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 7:23 am
`

Default Re: BMI ISSUE... :s

Can I just say that you need to go back to NZ immigration if you really have a BMI of 42.

A waiver ? No.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 4:18 am
Just Joined

Default Any ideas??

Hi All,

My names Alex i am currently on a work visa i have been on this for 2 years almost. I have spoken to NZI and been told my job is not skilled enough (mobile patrol officer). My family moved here before me and are all residency.

I had a NZ girlfriend who i have a 3 year old son with here also but we have parted ways but still have shared custody of the wee man.

I have been told my chances of getting another work visa are very low and my job skill level is 5 it needed to be 1-4 to be accepted as a skilled job category.

I have been told i need to find a more skilled job but i live in Timaru close to my son and there is not meny skilled jobs i can do here. My mum was going to sponser me under 'adult child' as im only 24 but that has not closed.

Any ideas of what i should appy/do would be very welcome!!

Regards

Alex
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 6:46 am
`

Default Re: Any ideas?? BMI42 . On temp work visa. Parents here and have a child here.

Apologies for the posts and answers not being in the right order. I know it looks a right mess. Sorry.

I have adjusted the title to better reflect your query and will move to the main Nz forum where more people will see this.

How is the BMI?
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:15 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any ideas?? BMI42 . On temp work visa. Parents here and have a child here.

Hi Alex

You can apply for a WHV (Working Holiday Visa) as you are under 31

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...orkingholiday/

Only catch is you (as far as I am aware) have to do it outside of NZ, so jump on cheap flight to OZ
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

All I can suggest is diet and exercise and start right now.
If its that important to you you will do what needs to be done...simple
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 9:28 am
Just Joined

My BMI Is now 35 that's an old post admin merged them I think the medical is not a prob it's what visa I can apply for as my Job is not skilled enough but I have a son and all my family are herethank you .
Old Aug 24th 2012, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alex1310
My BMI Is now 35 that's an old post admin merged them I think the medical is not a prob it's what visa I can apply for as my Job is not skilled enough but I have a son and all my family are herethank you .
Good lad.

After having becoming a dad I decided to get fit - dropped from 15 and a 1/2st (99kgs) to 13st (83kgs). Significantly reducing body fat %, still classed as overweight though on the old BMI, despite having a better than average body fat % measurement.

All the while proving to dads everywhere that becoming a Dad should be the reason to get fit, not the excuse not to.