Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

any advice will do

any advice will do

Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

pinkninny has a spectacular aura aboutpinkninny has a spectacular aura aboutpinkninny has a spectacular aura about
Red face any advice will do

we are about to set the wheels in motion and send in our paper work for a new life in new zealand. we have more points needed and i'm on the long term shortage list but just need some advice on any thing and every thing. and will be nice to chat away and make sure i have some idea what i have let myself in for
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any advice will do

Originally Posted by pinkninny
we are about to set the wheels in motion and send in our paper work for a new life in new zealand. we have more points needed and i'm on the long term shortage list but just need some advice on any thing and every thing. and will be nice to chat away and make sure i have some idea what i have let myself in for
god knows on this site, esp when Danny f is in full flow!
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Better than being on the short-term long list! Are yousaying you have more than enough points-or not enough?
I don't think you can make things any worse than emigrating. Read through the threads-the clues are there. You'll be cool,keep an open mind.Good luck,you're not alone!
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Hi pinkninny,
we've had loads of brilliant advice from the site, lots of it just by reading the threads and seeing what questions others have had. More than that we have had a lot of laughs and a lot of support from others in the same situation as us. We are in a similar situation to you and are now just waiting for everything to go through.
Where are you planning to settle?

Donna F
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there PN.... welcome to the board!

Ask away.... there is usually somebody here who can answer most questions. Ive been here a year now.... just about to buy a house here... oh, and hav a baby here too!! :scared:

Good luck with your application.

SarahB
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

pinkninny has a spectacular aura aboutpinkninny has a spectacular aura aboutpinkninny has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by danny.f
Better than being on the short-term long list! Are yousaying you have more than enough points-or not enough?
I don't think you can make things any worse than emigrating. Read through the threads-the clues are there. You'll be cool,keep an open mind.Good luck,you're not alone!
we have more points than needed, but really want a job before i come over as my partner has a odd job, and need some sort of income. we will have to eventually settle where he finds work, but in the mean time i deal with catering and i'm hoping to find work any where why ian finds his odd job. nice to talk to people and know we are not alone
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

we have more points than needed, but really want a job before i come over as my partner has a odd job, and need some sort of income. we will have to eventually settle where he finds work, but in the mean time i deal with catering and i'm hoping to find work any where why ian finds his odd job. nice to talk to people and know we are not alone
just a quickie, but there seem to be loads of catering jobs advertised
good luck
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hi there PN.... welcome to the board!

Ask away.... there is usually somebody here who can answer most questions. Ive been here a year now.... just about to buy a house here... oh, and hav a baby here too!! :scared:

Good luck with your application.

SarahB
thanks for your reply

have loads of questions not sure where to start, the main one is it going to be hard for me to find a job in catering. it's a long term shortage list. have been catering manager for over 5 years and in the trade for 15years and have all the quailfactions i need. jsut worried about the income side when we get over there. any advice wiil be grand. good news about the house and baby hopefully u not under to much stress
Old Aug 13th 2006, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry - got to ask...what's your hubbies odd job?
Donna
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your reply

have loads of questions not sure where to start, the main one is it going to be hard for me to find a job in catering. it's a long term shortage list. have been catering manager for over 5 years and in the trade for 15years and have all the quailfactions i need. jsut worried about the income side when we get over there. any advice wiil be grand. good news about the house and baby hopefully u not under to much stress
Cant see it being a problem getting a job in catering.... look on...

http://www.seek.co.nz/

... catering jobs are low paid here... not sure about the managers positions though.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Sorry - got to ask...what's your hubbies odd job?
Donna
well not sure where to start really with his job, he work as a researcher into solar energy and thats just about all i know as when i ask him about it, it goes right over my head. he is helping to try and come up with new ways of using natural engergy and not fosil fules. not sure if any of that makes sence!!!! any ideas of where he can look or would retarining be a better plan
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

well not sure where to start really with his job, he work as a researcher into solar energy and thats just about all i know as when i ask him about it, it goes right over my head. he is helping to try and come up with new ways of using natural engergy and not fosil fules. not sure if any of that makes sence!!!! any ideas of where he can look or would retarining be a better plan
Danny now-its been said before-but what about going to one of the NZ Expo's in London on October,you get to talk to recruitment staff,govt officials,, you're likely to learn a lot from that,or are you hoping to be sorted before then?
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

His options do appear limited! Good luck anyway - there's a shortage of nurses if he does fancy retraining!

Donna
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Danny now-its been said before-but what about going to one of the NZ Expo's in London on October,you get to talk to recruitment staff,govt officials,, you're likely to learn a lot from that,or are you hoping to be sorted before then?
have to say we have been to the nz expo earlyer this year and have to say it's a waist of time unless you are a nurse. there was nothing for him or me there and no one could have given us any advice on the day and thats being polite. doing our own donkey work via internet and british ex pats.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

have to say we have been to the nz expo earlyer this year and have to say it's a waist of time unless you are a nurse. there was nothing for him or me there and no one could have given us any advice on the day and thats being polite. doing our own donkey work via internet and british ex pats.
That I remember,come to think of it,you're not wrong. Good luck none the less. I'll email some mates in Auckland-he travels around a bit,and see if they know of anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.