Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any advice on getting a HR job in NZ

Any advice on getting a HR job in NZ

Old Jul 2nd 2011, 8:56 am
Just Joined

little haggis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice on getting a HR job in NZ

Hi all, I'm new to the site. I'm visiting NZ next week for the first time for 3 weeks with a view to a permanent move. I work in the HR field at a senior level in the UK. Does anyone have any leads/advice for landing a job in NZ? I'm flexible on location and sector.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 10:17 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any advice on getting a HR job in NZ

Hi little haggis, glad to see you've found your way over to us Can't help with your HR specific questions, sorry, but hopefully someone who can will be along soon - or you might like to make a thread with your questions in the general NZ forum where more members might see it
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 7:13 pm
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by little haggis
Hi all, I'm new to the site. I'm visiting NZ next week for the first time for 3 weeks with a view to a permanent move. I work in the HR field at a senior level in the UK. Does anyone have any leads/advice for landing a job in NZ? I'm flexible on location and sector.
Good Morning

I work in HR out here, I can supply you with a list of agencies if you would like, also check out Trademe and Seek.co.nz (thats where I found my job).

Let me know about the agencies and I will glady PM them to you

J
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for replies. I'm certainly interested in any agencies you can recommend. I've also found the jobsites. How do people meet up via this forum?
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

www.hays.net.nz
www.robertwalters.co.nz
www.jobs.nz.hudson.com
www.randstad.co.nz
www.recruitme.net.nz
www.kellyservices.co.nzl
www.careerjet.co.nz
www.job.co.nz
www.jobs.co.nz
www.jobx.co.nz
www.myjobspace.co.nz
www.alphajobs.co.nz
www.9ampeople.co.nz

Hope they are of some use

jo
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Jo
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 1:27 am
Account Closed

I found Robert Walters to be really good, its not on the list but Madison (?) also recruit to HR roles. If I think of anymore I will post them up.

One tip, really really sell your union expereince, I have found unions to be very big here, but then I do work for for health board.

If you end up in Invercargill give me a shout

Jo
Old Jul 4th 2011, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

HRINZ (equivalent of CIPD) is also worth keeping an eye on... good luck its quiet in the world of HR where I am at the minute, still looking week 6 back... seek.co.nz is the main site though