Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The anti Englishness around NZ is becoming embarrassing

The anti Englishness around NZ is becoming embarrassing

Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:52 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The anti Englishness around NZ is becoming embarrassing

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I think it's hilarious they've very recently brought out New Zealand Breakfast Tea.

As for 'Emirates Team New Zealand', well always makes me laugh.
the twinings TV ad is very funny, almost as good as the fisher&packup ad blaming front loaders for bad backs.......

maybe we could decide what the backdrop to the opposite brand of tea could be ------??

Call it "Choysa Afteroon Tea Tea", it's sold only in corner shops in Earl's Court and evokes the taste of drinking the extract of mulched cardboard.....

Looks like they beat us to it with

Is it me (or all of my pom/saffa mates) or does Choysta rate (one place above Pam's Bargain basement tea bags) as the second worst tea of all time. MrsL's work almost suffered an industrial dispute when it was foisten on them. But Choysa say it's
a premium tea, specifically designed for Kiwi tastes

Dish-waeta as me mum used to say.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's hilarious they've very recently brought out New Zealand Breakfast Tea.
Ah!! but there is a tea plantation here in NZ so they can claim its New Zealand Tea

http://www.zealong.com/The-Pure-Truth/The-Plantation
Old Oct 4th 2011, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

New Zealand tea made for New Zealand conditions
Old Oct 5th 2011, 3:32 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
New Zealand tea made for New Zealand conditions
yeah I'm sure sheep love it
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:27 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Justcol
Ah!! but there is a tea plantation here in NZ so they can claim its New Zealand Tea

http://www.zealong.com/The-Pure-Truth/The-Plantation
mmmm......so they're
the world's purest tea. that's not just our opinion. It's fact, because Zealong is the world's only fully ISO22000 HACCP certified tea company
How can they possibly say that accreditation to a quality assurance standard makes their tea "pure"?

ISO 22000 means that they are good at making up forms, filling in forms, checking forms, photocopying forms and handing them over to SGS who then make more forms. Good for their wall bad for the planet. Spent a while developing an ISO 9000 and 9001 system for a company back in the 90s. All looked good on paper but did very little for the quality/purity of the finished product. Now if they were talking 6-sigma.......
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

personally i cant stand the stuff, haven't drunk tea for as long as i can remember.
Nescafe every time for me

Although my mun once caught me eating the leaves from the bottom of the tea pot
with a spoon when I was a young sprog

Last edited by Justcol; Oct 5th 2011 at 9:35 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 9:44 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Browner_
Oh for heavens sake.

Sometimes I wish we had let the Japanese win the Second World War,at least in the pacific. I mean, what is wrong with these people?
By "we" who do you mean. The Americans, the English or the Allied Forces as a whole? I recall from my history lessons everyone played their part.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 9:50 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I feel ashamed on behalf of NZ to all those rugby fans whose team doesn't happen to quite match up to the All Blacks, fans who've have saved for a long time to come and enjoy New Zealand and the World Cup. All the media here sees them as fodder to fuel up the economy and try to rub them up the wrong way. Let's hope they're out there having a good time and not listening or seeing all the crap that's being written and said about them.
Which papers are you reading - there is I think plenty of writing on all the other matches and teams and antics of the fans? It is only today with the AB team for quarter final being announced that sports pages have got a bit black centric.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 9:52 pm
Here in Dunedin

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Last night made me smile. We ended up at the bar in Henderson, it was pretty obvious after a few minutes the entire place wanted Scotland to win, we were the only real Brits there. We weren't really watching the rugby as neither of us are interested, but hearing how desperate the locals were to see England lose I took it on myself to get behind England. They did not like it one bit, at the end of the game they all stormed off home almost in tears. Of of em collared ne at the bar and asked me about the game, i said I wasn't too bothered (he then finished my sentence) 'cos it's only Rugby'. They're finally getting the message!

So my question is this: Who will the yocals be cheering on in England v France?
That's easy - England. And for obvious reasons.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
That's easy - England. And for obvious reasons.
Not the locals I've been talking to, I was sat next to a bunch in the pub yesterday who were saying as much as they hate the French they couldn't bring themselves to cheer on the English.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Addictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
I actually think it has more just to do with the underdog thing. NZ likes to support teams who aren't expected to win (apologies to the Scots and Irish ), because NZ (as sports goes) is often in that situation themselves. With the Australians, for example, they thrash NZ at most sports, so when some other country gets one over them, NZ celebrates.
The French are not the underdogs and we all know the kiwis will be supporting them this weekend.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Lets not fool ourselves here, when it comes to sport EVERYBODY wants us to lose.
Everybody has an axe to grind with us. . . . .f**k em !!
Old Oct 7th 2011, 5:55 am
Here in Dunedin

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Not the locals I've been talking to, I was sat next to a bunch in the pub yesterday who were saying as much as they hate the French they couldn't bring themselves to cheer on the English.
Shows it's unwise to generalise.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
Shows it's unwise to generalise.
Sorry dad
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Took this photo of some average Kiwi's on the train earlier.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...y/f23eca9d.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.