Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another new person...

Wikiposts

Another new person...

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 3:58 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another new person...

Originally Posted by Smelly Cat
(not a full Accountant so ide say about half as boring!)
LOL!!! Karma sent for that alone! Hi Fi and Rich! Welcome to BE. I'm in IT and with just my points, without a job offer, we're at 130, but are reluctant to go without a job offer, so we're going to work on that on our recce trip in April.

Welcome again to the site!
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 4:00 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bollocks. I forgot to mention that Caroline, aka "Am Loolah", is in your neck of the woods. She's married to a Kiwi and going through the process of moving to NZ too.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 4:17 pm
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Smelly Cat
Just thought ide best say hi as still getting to grips with this fab website, so here goes!!!

Name
Fiona & Richard

Our current location
Sunny! Cornwall

We are looking to move to NZ early 2008, and at the moment trying to get as much information together as possible.

I personally haven't visited NZ but my partner spent 2 weeks about 4 years ago and loved it, he also loved OZ and we spent 3 weeks there back in October but felt it wasnt for us and love the idea of NZ.

So thats a bit of the basics and we are just really looking forward to finding out whats needed and where we need to start on all the paperwork......

Fi & Rich x

Welcome to the forum Great username by the way Good luck with the paperwork and all the best.

Jen
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 5:07 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hello. Welcome. Here's some jobs I just saw on seek.co.nz http://www.seek.co.nz/jobsearch/acco...tindustry=1200
It might be an idea to get your Accounting Technician qualification assesed by NZQA (google.co.nz) before you come over. I didn't come this route so don't have all the ins and outs but someone else will have
Old Jan 6th 2007, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
Hello. Welcome. Here's some jobs I just saw on seek.co.nz http://www.seek.co.nz/jobsearch/acco...tindustry=1200
It might be an idea to get your Accounting Technician qualification assesed by NZQA (google.co.nz) before you come over. I didn't come this route so don't have all the ins and outs but someone else will have
You will also need to register with NZICA (New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants), who now have recently re-instated an Associate Accounting Technician scheme. You do indeed have to get your AAT qualifications assessed by NZQA and this will give you the max points of 50 for your EOI - i.e. the same as a degree. In reality NZ employers won't really don't/won't recognise UK AAT as a worthwhile qualification, they are in the main only interested in in seeing NZICA.
Old May 16th 2007, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

loubee lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Another new person...

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Hi to you both

Welcome to the forum - hope you find it as helpful as we have

Just ask away any questions you may have

Georgina & Andy
Hi Georgina & Andy. Just came across your message of support and liked the sound of you. We too are about to embark on unfamiliar territory and begin applying for emigration to NZ, so any help or advice would be great.
Louise & family
Old May 16th 2007, 11:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hallo LoubeeLou.

Lots of helpful people here to help you on your way.

Perhaps post up a bit about yourselves & we can all pitch in and help.