Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Another new person...

Another new person...

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:59 pm
NZ is calling.....

Smelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really nice
Talking Another new person...

Just thought ide best say hi as still getting to grips with this fab website, so here goes!!!

Name
Fiona & Richard

Our current location
Sunny! Cornwall

We are looking to move to NZ early 2008, and at the moment trying to get as much information together as possible.

I personally haven't visited NZ but my partner spent 2 weeks about 4 years ago and loved it, he also loved OZ and we spent 3 weeks there back in October but felt it wasnt for us and love the idea of NZ.

So thats a bit of the basics and we are just really looking forward to finding out whats needed and where we need to start on all the paperwork......

Fi & Rich x
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:07 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another new person...

Good evening & welcome to you both.
We're a friendly lot round here, so don't be shy

Why the username??? You been watching too much Friends?
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:07 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to you both

Welcome to the forum - hope you find it as helpful as we have

Just ask away any questions you may have

Georgina & Andy
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:11 pm
NZ is calling.....

Smelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really nice

Thank you for the welcome...

As for friends you got it lets just say i have a few feebie moments of my own!!

:-)
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:12 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

I get the picture LOL :scared: .

You're in good company round here then

Last edited by P2L; Jan 3rd 2007 at 9:13 pm. Reason: hadn't finished my message!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:16 pm
NZ is calling.....

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Hi to you both

Welcome to the forum - hope you find it as helpful as we have

Just ask away any questions you may have

Georgina & Andy
Now you may live to reget that offer so here goes with one question...

Do you know if you need to have a job offer before you are able to move to NZ? we seem to be geting mixed respenses and from what we can tell all we need is a work permit and then you can apply for PR once your are in NZ?

Thanks

Fi & Rich
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:19 pm
NZ is calling.....

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
I get the picture LOL :scared: .

You're in good company round here then
Thanks again for the warm welcome, loking forward to the expat life that is around the corner.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:22 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

You can go out on a Visitors Visa up to 9 months in every 18 months if you want.

That gives you the opportunity to have a look round, decide if you like it and then look for work, an area that you want to settle in, house to rent etc and then apply for work permit or PR. Lots a people say that it's a lot easier to do the PR from NZ but you need to make sure that you take all your paperwork with you when you go, otherwise it can be a nightmare:scared:

You'll go on a return ticket but don't think you could ship your stuff till you get your visa
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:24 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smelly Cat
Now you may live to reget that offer so here goes with one question...

Do you know if you need to have a job offer before you are able to move to NZ? we seem to be geting mixed respenses and from what we can tell all we need is a work permit and then you can apply for PR once your are in NZ?

Thanks

Fi & Rich
Hi Fi

Georgina here

First of all have you done the points test on NZIS? If not here is the site http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

This will let you know if you are able to submit an EOI (Expression Of Interest).

G
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:27 pm
NZ is calling.....

Thanks for that just want we need to here, as it will mean all our plans will work out (well fingures crossed!)

Just another quick one is that a standard visitor visa or a working visa? and do you know if Business & Admin jobs are considered, as when looking on the Skilled shortage list only trades are noted as needed, does that mean we wouldnt be considered?

Told you they would be flowing......
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:29 pm
Banned

Hi Fi

I am in the same position as you - my skills are PA/Admin and they are not on the skilled list. But try the points test as I scored 110 and have submitted EOI.

If it is not chosen we will go out on VV and try and get a job then work permit, then PR...

I have been told there are a lot of admin jobs around in NZ

G
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:29 pm
NZ is calling.....

Hi Fi

Georgina here

First of all have you done the points test on NZIS? If not here is the site http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

This will let you know if you are able to submit an EOI (Expression Of Interest).

G
Hi Georgina

Thanks for this, we have done the on line test and we do meet the points but just miss out short of the 140 as we dont have any job offers, we are now thinking if it is possible to just go, find work and then do the EOI.

Fi x
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:31 pm
Banned

I have sent you a PM

G
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:34 pm
NZ is calling.....

Hi Fi

I am in the same position as you - my skills are PA/Admin and they are not on the skilled list. But try the points test as I scored 110 and have submitted EOI.

If it is not chosen we will go out on VV and try and get a job then work permit, then PR...

I have been told there are a lot of admin jobs around in NZ

G
Why oh why have i been hiding in the background for so long and not posted anything you have both been so helpfull in such a short space of time.

We both work fo the NHS im an Accounting Technician (not a full Accountant so ide say about half as boring!) and Rich is a Risk Manager, so when looking at all the NZ websites for jobs we have noticed there are plenty of jobs out there.......... so thats answered our questions and looks like we are best submitting a EOI now and just see what happens then just go and see where we are this time next year!

All i can say is thanks again your all fab....
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:35 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Smelly Cat
Hi Georgina

Thanks for this, we have done the on line test and we do meet the points but just miss out short of the 140 as we dont have any job offers, we are now thinking if it is possible to just go, find work and then do the EOI.

Fi x
Go for it!!! If you're nearly at the 140 mark, you're be in a good position, and if you accept a job offer in the meantime, you can update your EOI in the pool, (just fax thru your job offer and EOI number.)

My work here is done!!! I'm going back to the bar now!!

Last edited by P2L; Jan 3rd 2007 at 9:37 pm. Reason: spelling!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.