all midwives

Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Lplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really nice
Default all midwives

Just wondering have any midwives out there been through the process of standards review and audit here? My name has been selected for random audit (really bad luck!) with just a few weeks to prepare, and I have my standards review coming up soon too. Just wondering if anyone could tell me how they found it from a British midwives point of view. Am feeling pretty nervous as it seems to be so hyped!

Would much appreciate a few hints!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:58 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: all midwives

Hi, not been through it yet but have heard others talking about it. They were all stressed about it but it wasn't that bad at all(so they said), I think most M/W's have complained to the panel about how stressful it has been & the panel have been surprised to hear it!!!

I would lay it on thick about the stress it has caused you. I shall when my time comes. My friend was supposed to go for hers but then had to have a major op so couldn't go. Because she didn't cancel it in the alloted time frame, the midwifery council fined her $150 . She has had 2 bills from them & has binned them both.

I shall moan to them about the high cost of working as a M/W in NZ with APC fees etc.

Good luck with it. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Lplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really niceLplate kiwis x4 is just really nice

Thanks mate, I know it doesn't make sense to get too stressed but I think it's the knock on effect from others. It is amazing how much being a midwife in this country costs, it's no wonder they are so short of midwives! Seriously though, have you done the pharmacology and prescribing course yet? I have just started so have that to do plus standards review and audit!
Musn't complain though or I might be accused of not devoting my entire life to midwifery!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:15 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Not yet done any of the courses that I have to do yet. I'm something of a rebel . Currently my salary is paying for a week in Rarotonga & a dishwasher. When I've paid for those then I'll think about the required courses.
Where do you work? I'm with Geneva Health doing temp work at National Women's & also on Birthcare's bureau at Parnell. I only work 2 x 12hr shifts per week.

I plan to have a good old moan because I don't think the standard of midwifery is too hot here & I see lots of poor practice & some things are downright dangerous. Quite a few of the British M/W's I have talked to believe that women get a higher standard of care in the UK. I enjoy working at Birthcare because I feel I can practice midwifery there & the staff are very good on the whole. But I would rather work in the NHS than at Nat Women's or N Shore.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

I will Pm you (just in case). Can't do it now as son wants computer at the moment and I have to attend to my other job of kitchen slave and chef extraordinaire!