Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

All Change! New Arrival Date! Tickets Booked!

All Change! New Arrival Date! Tickets Booked!

Old May 2nd 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: All Change! New Arrival Date! Tickets Booked!

Originally Posted by natpryce
Congrats Dave!
I too am heading out pretty soon... I hope! Will start in christchurch but want to try Nelson in the future so would be interested in finding out how you get on. Keep us posted, look forward to hearing from you.
Good luck!
Cheers nat, enjoy Christchurch, maybe see ya in Nelson down the road then!

Old May 2nd 2007, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Oo la la!

Look forward to hearing all about Nelson living .. good luck with it all.
Cheers Carmen, when you lot gonna join us all in NZ then???? Will most definitely let you know how its all going!

Sorted the container logistics today to ensure we don't have to deal with the whole NZ customs bond malarky! Phew! So, if all goes exactly(yeah right!) to plan we should only be without our stuff for 2-3 weeks in NZ - well I can dream right!

Dave
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:34 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Paladin;4726418]
Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie

Cheers Caroline! A nice surprise to see a post from you on the NZ forum!

xx
Hi Dave...gosh you are one happy chappy at the moment aren't you...your grin just radiates through your posts!!

I've been a bit busy lately...got married at Easter...and been doing a bit of re-evaluating of life in general...

As you know my dear Mum died a wee while ago and things are not going well at home, Dad is still desperately emotionally fragile and we cannot look at moving to NZ any time in the near future now as I think it would finish him off!! In fact we will probably have to wait until Dad 'moves on' before we can go anywhere!!...

So bearing this in mind I felt that the time was right for me to step back and let someone else hold the mod reins so I've handed in me notice and will be taking a back seat just as soon as my replacement is in situ!!

We haven't given up hope on NZ but it really is just on a gentle simmer on the back burner for now...although we do hope to put in a vist maybe next year - maybe we'll catch up then??...Nelson is on my list of places to see!!

Originally Posted by planty
Great news Dave, the time will fly by, good luck with the house sale and hope it all runs smoothly.

Good to see Pinkie Pie is still about, must catch up.....
If only I had the time.
Hi Nigel...nice to see you too!!...Hope all is going swimmingly for you...ever hear from Jan? (Bookemjano?)...if you do, say Hi for me!!
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:35 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paladin
Cheers Carmen, when you lot gonna join us all in NZ then???? Will most definitely let you know how its all going!

Sorted the container logistics today to ensure we don't have to deal with the whole NZ customs bond malarky! Phew! So, if all goes exactly(yeah right!) to plan we should only be without our stuff for 2-3 weeks in NZ - well I can dream right!

Dave
Well we haven't committed to a timeframe because we're still figuring out what the 'best time' for us is, as well as trying to figure out how we make the move whilst also keeping in the UK housing market as we are likely to return, at some point. We just need a bit more money - isn't that always the case! However, hubbie did come home on Monday and say 'shall we go to NZ then?' (job change looking imminent), so who knows. Our life is a constantly changing reality.

AND AND AND, I haven't told you that I have secretly been checking out the Northern tip of the South Island! Hubbie has family in Blenheim, although we rather fancy the Nelson area! But it just happens to be an area of NZ that I've never been to, so goodness knows what I would think when there. Heard good reports though ( ) and also fancy its arty, alternative, relaxed lifestyle, climate and houses as well as excellent pending future residents of course.

So, as I said, will be reading your experiences with interest.
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:40 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Pinkie Pie;4728803]
I've been a bit busy lately...got married at Easter...and been doing a bit of re-evaluating of life in general...

As you know my dear Mum died a wee while ago and things are not going well at home, Dad is still desperately emotionally fragile and we cannot look at moving to NZ any time in the near future now as I think it would finish him off!! In fact we will probably have to wait until Dad 'moves on' before we can go anywhere!!...
Hi Caroline,

Congratulations on your wedding!

Sorry to hear that your Dad is still very fragile, it must be such a terrible thing to go through. What a lovely caring daughter he has in you though. Good luck to you all.
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Pinkie Pie;4728803]

Hi Dave...gosh you are one happy chappy at the moment aren't you...your grin just radiates through your posts!!

So bearing this in mind I felt that the time was right for me to step back and let someone else hold the mod reins so I've handed in me notice and will be taking a back seat just as soon as my replacement is in situ!!

We haven't given up hope on NZ but it really is just on a gentle simmer on the back burner for now...although we do hope to put in a vist maybe next year - maybe we'll catch up then??...Nelson is on my list of places to see!!
Well amny congratulations on the marriage!!

YES DEFINITELY come and see us in the Nelson area!!! Would love that!

xx
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:51 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!

Its all change for the Paladin clan!!!

Have just booked our one-way tickets to Nelson departing UK on July 24th - arrive Nelson July 26th................ WOOHOO!!!

We'll be in NZ 3 months earlier than originally planned AND it'll be ski season - HURRAH!!!

UK house sale looks like it will complete on May 25th so the Shippers are booked for May 24th - HURRAH! That'll be 2 months sleeping on the floor then!

We'll be in NZ in time to ensure the recent recce trip counts towards our 5 years PR qualification for citizenship AND 3 yrs qualification for sponsoring my mother for PR in 2010, brilliant!

So to all of the wonderful friends we made when we visited in February - we'll look forward to seeing some of you sooner than we thought!

Take care all!

Dave
Congratulations, wonderful news.
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sue
Congratulations, wonderful news.
Thanks Sue - much appreciated!

The excitement AND trepidation are building LOL!

Dave
x
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:04 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yis ! Very many congrats Paladin and may I say what good taste you do have. Nelson and Bays is a wonderful place to be.

As I mentioned to you previously , if there is anything we can help you with here ,then just give me and Phil a shout mate
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Yis ! Very many congrats Paladin and may I say what good taste you do have. Nelson and Bays is a wonderful place to be.

As I mentioned to you previously , if there is anything we can help you with here ,then just give me and Phil a shout mate
Cheers Bev - hey we might still yet end up neighbours as we haven't made our minds up yet whether its Nelson, Mapua or Motueka to live in! I should probably pick your brain about Mapua before too long!! We thought it was really nice and kinda nice that its between Mot and Nelson!

Dave
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Great news but how do you propose to teach me to scuba dive when you live on a different island?????
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by donnaf
Great news but how do you propose to teach me to scuba dive when you live on a different island?????
I guess when you come and visit or vice versa!!!

xx