All Blacks

Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:08 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All Blacks

I disagree about it being bad sportsmanship though. My beautiful Dan (ok...i could be biased) hasn't been cited in his professional career has he? At least not from what I can work out. And not from what I have heard.

Not that it excuses what happened but I don't think it's indicative of much other than him not being in total control of things. Has he been known for that kind of tackle? I didn't think so. It's not good....but I don't think it was particularly deliberate.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kiwi Princess !

Much as I love all your posts.

He has been cited. It happened at a particular moment of the game. It was the pits.

All the players of this rank know what they do. Actually all rugby players know how to take it to the edge. They all take the chance . Boots. Arms. He was caught on the vid. and so has been cited.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:34 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

From a (just about) active players point of view, I feel a bit for Carter. The Welsh had made a cracking break and it was all hands to the pumps time in defence. It was a choice of make a man and ball tackle or it was most likely try time. Admittedly the execution was a bit poor, but it was a desperate tackle on the wrong end of a 70 yard sprint back up the pitch, should have been a penalty and that would be the end of it. Bit of a slap on the wrist for the ref for missing it IMHO.

I'm sure it should be Mr Cowan who should be doing the grovelling anyway for throwing such a bloomin' obvious telegraphed pass in the first place!!

From Bevs experience, the rugby is one thing we're a little nervous about down under. We're from incredibly well mannered Leicester Tigers stock (!) who stay quiet during kicks and ferociously tut at anyone caught using words stronger than "bother". Generally my experience of Kiwi's has been good (admittedly they've usually just beaten England at the time), but we once got stuck with a particularly unpleasant bunch on the top deck at Twickers who unfurled a 20ft banner with "You Can Stick Your F**king Chariot Up Your F**king Arse" scrawled on it and proceeded to abuse everyone. Don't like the idea of that being typical, however if it is the case then I'll just have to keep my boots out of retirement for a bit longer and stay on the pitch away from all the hassle.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:38 am
`

Originally Posted by teeym
We're from incredibly well mannered Leicester Tigers stock (!)
Tigers

Husband went on tour to Leicester once. Came back two days late with a shoe missing.

but we once got stuck with a particularly unpleasant bunch on the top deck at Twickers who unfurled a 20ft banner with "You Can Stick Your F**king Chariot Up Your F**king Arse" scrawled on it and proceeded to abuse everyone.
Not sure it is so much front on abuse to be honest but it is more like a footie crowd. Jeering, leering and all that.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:43 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Bevs - yep I know he's been cited. What I mean is it hasn't happened prior to that has it? Cited means there's something to explain. Which I think is fair enough btw.

I just don't think it was bad sportsmanship as such. Or at least, not indicative of much more than even perfection can have a dent in it.

Although, if he doesn't play it means there's more chance of me getting near him. Do you realise how annoying it is not being allowed within 100 metres of the man I plan to marry?

Last edited by Kiwiprincess; Nov 10th 2009 at 8:44 am. Reason: stinkin emoticons
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:44 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

But one day I will get near. One day
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:46 am
`

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
But one day I will get near. One day
I felt like that when I saw husband in rugby shorts. Be careful what you wish for.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:46 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

oooh this thread has just reminded me I was supposed to send a PM to you. Haven't been online in ages.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:47 am
`

See. What did I say.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:51 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
You are so right. It was a brilliant game and me and Mr Bevan just wanted to be there instead of getting up at 6 a.m and subscribing extra to Sky rugby. .

whhooooaaa there...non of that subscribing and up in the middle of the night for me, i'd rather record it on austar and watch it at my convenience in the day...when it's comfortable to have a nice beer and nibblies...
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:05 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BEVS
Tigers

Husband went on tour to Leicester once. Came back two days late with a shoe missing.
Just the one shoe missing? Must have stayed out of Braunstone......

There's nowt wrong with Tigers anyway - it goes to show that the English (admittedly with the help of a smattering of Italians, Taffs, Samoans, Kiwis, Aussies and Saffies) can still win international fixtures.
Tigers 22 South Africa 17.
C'MMOONNNNNNN TIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGEEERRRRRRSSSSSSS!!!!!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:36 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

one week suspension. seems fair and expected by the sounds of it.

My poor baby. He'll be ok against Butterbones though.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 11:05 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems this thread somehow slipped from AB,s v Wales to Dan Carter in shorts
The tackle hurt no one other than Mr Carter and he apologised instantly and to me that was end of story.
Trouble with Union it used to be a game to be played and subsequently only attracted players or ex players in the crowds (and girlies who liked to see the shorts!) The rules have now been changed to make the game more of a spectator sport and unfortunately some of the wrong element are being drawn into the crowd to watch.
Living in England the last time I went down to the local pub to watch England v Wales on big screen a load of English soccer fans rolled up in their St George's shirts to 'support' England. What a disgrace not one of them knew the rules or could appreciate the game just pure hatred against Wales for winning!...Rugby supporters I think not..just a pity I never met any of them on the pitch especially in the front row
Old Nov 10th 2009, 6:26 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We've been to several rugby matches in Cch (OH sometimes gets freebies) and have sat in various locations in the stadium and I must say I have always been impressed at the crowds behaviour and never seen or heard anything nasty. I was really worried the first time we went (it was England V ABs) and I was expecting it to be like an old Millwall footie scenario and was convinced we were going to get lynched but it was all very polite and tame really. In fact the last one we went to we were wondering why it was so quiet in the stadium as unlike football there was no chanting or singing etc and since that first time 2 years ago we've always felt perfectly safe about taking the kids.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:18 pm
`

Originally Posted by teeym
Bit of a slap on the wrist for the ref for missing it IMHO.
Agreed

Originally Posted by welshviking
whhooooaaa there...non of that subscribing and up in the middle of the night for me, i'd rather record it on austar and watch it at my convenience in the day...when it's comfortable to have a nice beer and nibblies...
I know. I don't do 6a.m. either . It just ain't civilised but we wanted to make sure we didn't catch the result before watching the game.

I was expecting it to be like an old Millwall footie scenario and was convinced we were going to get lynched
Millwall! I once witnessed that lot rock a double decker bus

Trouble with Union it used to be a game to be played and subsequently only attracted players or ex players in the crowds (and girlies who liked to see the shorts!) The rules have now been changed to make the game more of a spectator sport
There is probably something in what you say & could explain some of the behaviours we have witnessed here. I bear in mind we haven't been to a game in the UK now for over 6 years , so the same could apply to there these days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.