Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Advice please. Nice area to rent in Wellington - Close to hospital

Advice please. Nice area to rent in Wellington - Close to hospital

Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all
Default Advice please. Nice area to rent in Wellington - Close to hospital

Can anyone advise me on a nice area to rent in Wellington, with good transport to the hospital? Thank guys xxx

Last edited by RachelG12; Jul 30th 2012 at 10:42 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Advice please. Nice area to rent in Wellington - Close to hospital

As you will see, I have moved your post from the Wellington thread to a thread of it's own. The Wellington thread is really just about things to see and do around the area.

Thanks
Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all

That's brilliant, thank you x
Old Jul 31st 2012, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Island Bay's quite nice and just a short bus ride away from the Hospital
Old Jul 31st 2012, 8:28 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

Island Bay is nice and a nice walk to the hospital or short bus ride....but can be expensive area to rent.
Berhampore is 'up and coming'....it's just next to Island Bay, but much cheaper - so lots of people tend to end up there rather than Island Bay.

Newtown is dead close to the hospital, but can be a bit hit and miss.....one road might be very dodgy and the next one along very nice.

Brooklyn is supposed to be lovely (never really been there myself) and I know plenty of hospital workers that live there....but apparently it's up a big hill, so good exercise on the way home!

Houghton Bay/Lyall Bay areas are nice, and a short bus ride to the hospital.

I live in Miramar and I love it. I think it's quite affordable, and there are buses that pass the hospital during the week (depends on where in Miramar and there might be buses at weekends that pass the hospital). But Miramar is further away from the hospital....a whole 20 or 25 min bus ride!

Wadestown is the other side of town, but is lovely and during 'rush hour' buses take around 40-50 mins to the hospital.

Other nice suburbs and not much further than 40 mins on public transport, would be Karori (but careful as can be damp and cold depending on which part apparently), Ngaio, maybe Khandallah.

Mount Vic is popular for hospital workers, but more suited if you're after shared house/flat.

PM me if you want more info.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

That's brilliant, thank you x