Advice needed

Old Aug 10th 2017, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

lozzy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed

Hey all,

I'm just after a bit of advice...my hubbys visa was declined on the fact that he hadn't provided a full employment agreement (we have this from the employer but he didn't realise that this hadn't uploaded on to the visa application) apparently they have tried to contact him via letters and phone calls but we hadn't received anything!

My question is...will they re-open this visa if we send the relevant documents??

We are both freaking out a bit at the moment!!

TIA

Lozzy
Old Aug 10th 2017, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed

Oh no, no advise but I would probably phone them asap and ask what you can do. Hopefully you won't need to start the process again!

Good luck.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 8:44 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

contact your CO immediately. My husband was working in NZ on a temp work visa for the Company but Immigration still sent his job offer letter back 3 times for amendments to get it to match their criteria.
If they will open the application again is down to Immigration but if your CO refuses then ask to speak to someone more senior and explain that you received no communications from them regarding this matter.

Did you receive other communications from the CO ??
Old Aug 11th 2017, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Ugh its just a nightmare at the moment, its looking like my hubby has to re apply unless we can prove that he hasn't received any emails, phone calls and letters!!
Old Aug 11th 2017, 10:17 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lozzy85
unless we can prove that he hasn't received any emails, phone calls and letters!!
How do they expect you to prove a negative??

Last edited by MrsFychan; Aug 11th 2017 at 8:13 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

At this stage they haven't advised.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Seems very odd that all attempts to contact you via phone, e-mail and letter would have failed to reach you - have you since received copies of the e-mails and letters? Have you verified that they have the correct details and sent them to the correct home and e-mail address.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 7:44 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Having had dealings with NZ immigration as part of my job lately I can assure you they are some of the most incompetent, inconsistent bunch of muppets who make the rules up as they go along! Reading this doesn't surprise me at all and it very much depends on who your case officer is. Good luck with it all and I cross my fingers that your case officer is vaguely intelligent.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Well...it turns out that they wouldn't reopen the existing visa so we have to apply for a new one over the weekend....another £350 down....eeeekk!!

My everything is crossed for this one!!
Old Aug 14th 2017, 7:55 pm

lozzy - have you checked the new visa criteria? dependant on what visa OH is going with will depend if you can follow on. If a temp visa below a certain salary threshold you would not be able to gain a visa off the back of his and his will remain a temp visa with no option for PR.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

franchetti19 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm interested to see how this works for you, I'll keep my ear open.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute

Lozzy how did this work out?

I ask because INZ have made an error in spelling my husbands email address when requesting information massively holding us up!
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:42 am
Just Joined

They basically rejected his first visa so we had to reapply...on this plus side his second visa was accepted on Friday!
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lozzy85
They basically rejected his first visa so we had to reapply...on this plus side his second visa was accepted on Friday!
That's positive!

They have accepted that it's their error as they spelt his email address wrong! I could cry!
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Ugh it's a nightmare when something goes wrong and it's not your fault!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.