Adverts

Old Jul 29th 2010, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adverts

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I hate these too, mainly because they are on over and over and over again. A little montage of the most played adverts on NZ TV

Robbie, driving's in the blood - agggghhhh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od44J...eature=related

Stop staring at me.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdRZhfWFPHE

Mate, mate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcuYXGCRw9M

It's not the drink....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y91xg...eature=related

Speeding ticket....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdjO0...eature=related

The Grim reaper spinning the wheel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgQya...eature=related
On a serious note, for driving they should show this!!

Old Jul 29th 2010, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

The OH hated this one, she wanted to get hold of the woman & stick the product where "the sun don't shine".

Old Jul 29th 2010, 10:59 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Next time you are watching "the big film" wich is usually some 10 year old crap, time the adverts they dont show the first lot for half an hour to let you get into it but by the end of the film there every 10 mins

gets on my tits

Neil
Nice to hear the Ads are exactly the same NZ/UK
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stormer999
It's even worse when they show a newish film, you get 3 mins of ads every 4-5 mins for the last 1/2 hour.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:15 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
It's even worse when they show a newish film, you get 3 mins of ads every 4-5 mins for the last 1/2 hour.
The UK ads come in 6 minute chunks so they now show some progs for 6 mins then a 6 mins ads break then when the prog resumes they spend time reminding you what happened in the first 6 mins of programme by which time you have totally lost interest and resigned yourself to switching to ad free BBC and sitting through a totally boring repeat!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

zoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nice

Well,after reading Bojangles rant- I feel vindicated! I was begining to think it was just me!

Youwould think in this age of technology, Iwould be able to opt out of adverts without having to buy Sky!

But they should really ease up on them cos they are clearly repelling us from buying their products!

I miss the BBC as never before!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:38 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Adverts

But if I don't watch the adverts then how will I know when to go to Godfreys and buy a new Hoover? It is quite amazing that kiwis buy enough vacuum cleaners to make it worthwhile, we must be close to saturation. Like those rug expo/zumba adverts in the same vein.

Of course really our favorite advert:

Although they don’t mention the “thousands of luminous spheres” any more, must have been a health hazard? If I’m ever sent to fight a war I’ll take Thun Luzzy 6 in 1 with me, it’s just so versatile...I could dazzle my enemy with my skins natural radiance .
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

zoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nice

lol

And what the heck is a Rug Doctor???- sounds sooo dodgey to me!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 11:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ok. I gotta say that you really have got to be kiddin' me & the rest of us bigtime on this one.
There is no way the ad interruptions in the UK are anything like they are here in NZ. No blummin' way.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 12:03 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ok. I gotta say that you really have got to be kiddin' me & the rest of us bigtime on this one.
There is no way the ad interruptions in the UK are anything like they are here in NZ. No blummin' way.
Don't panic Bev's......you're right NZ ad interruptions really are over the top!!! at least in UK you have choice to watch TV and avoid commercial breaks.
B x
Old Jul 29th 2010, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS
Sorry Bevs but NZ TV looked the same ad wise whilst I was over there Mind you one of the reasons I want NZ is the choice to do other activities than watch the box!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by MnB
Don't panic Bev's......you're right NZ ad interruptions really are over the top!!! at least in UK you have choice to watch TV and avoid commercial breaks.
B x
Is that refering to BBC 1 and 2?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 4:44 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Is that refering to BBC 1 and 2?
Maybe

NZ commercial breaks really did my head in.....suddenly appearing, lots of them, just at the end of a prog then jumping back to said prog for the credits:curse: Really missed UK TV....even the commercial channels!
B x
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by MnB
Maybe

NZ commercial breaks really did my head in.....suddenly appearing, lots of them, just at the end of a prog then jumping back to said prog for the credits:curse: Really missed UK TV....even the commercial channels!
B x
Sorry just can't watch them I just see my life wasting away!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

mysky hdi = $15 per month and never watching another advert (assuming you already have sky)
If not on sky, then a freeview HD PVR will do the same thing
Or Telecom's Tivo service

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.