Accommodation

Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of
Red face Accommodation

Hi!

We are flying into Auckland on 13th Dec.
Realistically, does anyone have any idea it takes from viewing a rental property to actually moving in?
As everything has happened so fast we are having a little trouble finding somewhere that can accomodate us over the Christmas period! :scared: , although there is plenty of space around up till Christmas Eve.
It would be nice to have somewhere by then that we can call our own

Karma going for those who reply!!!
Old Nov 26th 2005, 1:41 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accommodation

Hi Cathy

I don't think it takes too long to be honest - send Jan (Bookemjano) a pm as she's just gone through the process herself so should be able to give you a pretty accurate idea of timescales etc..

Not very helpful I know but you did say there was karma going for those who replied - you didn't say it had to be a good reply.... so hand it over my girl....
Old Nov 26th 2005, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Hi Cathy

I don't think it takes too long to be honest - send Jan (Bookemjano) a pm as she's just gone through the process herself so should be able to give you a pretty accurate idea of timescales etc..

Not very helpful I know but you did say there was karma going for those who replied - you didn't say it had to be a good reply.... so hand it over my girl....
I did, and I tried! I have to spread it some more! So come on anybody! I'll owe you some Caroline, i'm sure you'll remind me

Thank you for your good wishes and will take your advise.
Hope you're ok?

Love Cathy
Old Nov 26th 2005, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Servant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant future

We were in a motel for a week. Saw the property on a Tuesday and moved in on Thursday. Fortunately, landlords like the rent to come in as quick as possible.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nivlem
Hi!

We are flying into Auckland on 13th Dec.
Realistically, does anyone have any idea it takes from viewing a rental property to actually moving in?
As everything has happened so fast we are having a little trouble finding somewhere that can accomodate us over the Christmas period! :scared: , although there is plenty of space around up till Christmas Eve.
It would be nice to have somewhere by then that we can call our own

Karma going for those who reply!!!

Hi there

It can take anything from a few days to 4 weeks..the average would be 2-3 weeks.(.most landlords prefer to have a minimal gap between tenants but a week is good so as to have a clean up of the section and interior etc)
Usually private lets are advertised about 2-3 weeks before they are due to be empty.your best bet for getting a quick rental is to only inspect those that are already vacant because the landlord will be keen to have you move in as soon as possible.
Admittedly looking in Dec is a bad time because most landlords prefer not to have a vacancy at this time if there is any way to avoid it.. it is holiday time and people are trying to organise xmas not move house so you may be lucky if you find a vacant home ,to move in very quickly.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

What area in particular are you looking at?

Here are some around Howick/Botany area
http://www.times.co.nz/ad-bin/ad_sea...=22&per_page=5
http://www.ljhooker.co.nz/property_l...tegory=holiday
http://www.botany-apartments.co.nz/n...apartments.htm
http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/properties/5399.asp
http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/properties/5289.asp
Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

The areas in the links you posted were spot on.
Thanks so much.

Karma sent to you all as promised!