British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   About time we said 'hello' (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/about-time-we-said-hello-640180/)

Mudplug Nov 11th 2009 5:30 pm

About time we said 'hello'

Thought it about time I introduced ourselves we are 'mudplug' hubby, me and our 4 kids 15, 13, 10 & 4 oh and our pooches who will be coming over with us a GSD called Wylie and a terrier called Sage.

We are in the final stages of the visa process got c/o and 5 weeks later still waiting, according to others time lines and the London branch website we will have approx 7ish weeks till we know if its smiles or tears.

This past year has been a very hard one, never thought when we started on this road it would be this hard, at first its all excitement but that soon changes into the constant waiting, you cant make any dicissions long term because you just dont know where you will be. I think this had been particually hard on the kids, they have had to put up with so much ups and downs.

But would like to take this opportunity to say thankyou to everyone who has helped us so far, answering our questions and offering support, looking forward to the meeting ups......

Dewb09 Nov 11th 2009 6:18 pm

Re: About time we said 'hello'

Originally Posted by Mudplug (Post 8090697)
Thought it about time I introduced ourselves we are 'mudplug' hubby, me and our 4 kids 15, 13, 10 & 4 oh and our pooches who will be coming over with us a GSD called Wylie and a terrier called Sage.

We are in the final stages of the visa process got c/o and 5 weeks later still waiting, according to others time lines and the London branch website we will have approx 7ish weeks till we know if its smiles or tears.

This past year has been a very hard one, never thought when we started on this road it would be this hard, at first its all excitement but that soon changes into the constant waiting, you cant make any dicissions long term because you just dont know where you will be. I think this had been particually hard on the kids, they have had to put up with so much ups and downs.

But would like to take this opportunity to say thankyou to everyone who has helped us so far, answering our questions and offering support, looking forward to the meeting ups......

Hello to you all officially :thumbsup:

Its total limbo land isnt it! our house is about to go on market so who know what will happen :fingerscrossed:

Good luck with your journey :)

Dewb xx

BEVS Nov 11th 2009 8:35 pm

Kia Ora and lovely to meet you. :)

MnB Nov 11th 2009 8:57 pm

Hi there Mudplug's .....glad you've found some help & support during the testing times, good luck with your plans :fingerscrossed: you'll get out of 'limbo land' soon :thumbsup:

willand tina_h Nov 11th 2009 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 8091302)
Hi there Mudplug's .....glad you've found some help & support during the testing times, good luck with your plans :fingerscrossed: you'll get out of 'limbo land' soon :thumbsup:

hey mudplug fancy meeting you here :rofl: welcome, welcome and welcome. We have 2 boys as I am sure you are aware of, lol. Josh 15 and Harri 12, will be almost 16 and H will be 13 when we arrive. Good luck hope things move quite swiftly for you, its a stressfull time eh?? to say the least.

Tina, Will and boys. x

Kija Nov 13th 2009 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Mudplug (Post 8090697)

Hello & welcome to you, your family both two legged and four legged :D

I think I know what you mean about the initial excitement, I was over the moon at first, now I'm just worried most of the time :rofl: and I know exactly what you mean about not being able to make long term decisions! :eek:

I think kids can be quite resilient, as a child we moved around a lot and though it was hard saying goodbye to friends, I think I turned out ok :) it may be harder on teenagers but hopefully everything will be ok :fingerscrossed: best of luck to you in your plans and hope it all goes very smoothly for you.