Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

About time we said 'hello'

About time we said 'hello'

Old Nov 11th 2009, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice
Default About time we said 'hello'

Thought it about time I introduced ourselves we are 'mudplug' hubby, me and our 4 kids 15, 13, 10 & 4 oh and our pooches who will be coming over with us a GSD called Wylie and a terrier called Sage.

We are in the final stages of the visa process got c/o and 5 weeks later still waiting, according to others time lines and the London branch website we will have approx 7ish weeks till we know if its smiles or tears.

This past year has been a very hard one, never thought when we started on this road it would be this hard, at first its all excitement but that soon changes into the constant waiting, you cant make any dicissions long term because you just dont know where you will be. I think this had been particually hard on the kids, they have had to put up with so much ups and downs.

But would like to take this opportunity to say thankyou to everyone who has helped us so far, answering our questions and offering support, looking forward to the meeting ups......
Old Nov 11th 2009, 6:18 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About time we said 'hello'

Originally Posted by Mudplug View Post
Thought it about time I introduced ourselves we are 'mudplug' hubby, me and our 4 kids 15, 13, 10 & 4 oh and our pooches who will be coming over with us a GSD called Wylie and a terrier called Sage.

We are in the final stages of the visa process got c/o and 5 weeks later still waiting, according to others time lines and the London branch website we will have approx 7ish weeks till we know if its smiles or tears.

This past year has been a very hard one, never thought when we started on this road it would be this hard, at first its all excitement but that soon changes into the constant waiting, you cant make any dicissions long term because you just dont know where you will be. I think this had been particually hard on the kids, they have had to put up with so much ups and downs.

But would like to take this opportunity to say thankyou to everyone who has helped us so far, answering our questions and offering support, looking forward to the meeting ups......

Hello to you all officially

Its total limbo land isnt it! our house is about to go on market so who know what will happen

Good luck with your journey

Dewb xx
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:35 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Kia Ora and lovely to meet you.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:57 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Mudplug's .....glad you've found some help & support during the testing times, good luck with your plans you'll get out of 'limbo land' soon
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:10 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB View Post
Hi there Mudplug's .....glad you've found some help & support during the testing times, good luck with your plans you'll get out of 'limbo land' soon
hey mudplug fancy meeting you here welcome, welcome and welcome. We have 2 boys as I am sure you are aware of, lol. Josh 15 and Harri 12, will be almost 16 and H will be 13 when we arrive. Good luck hope things move quite swiftly for you, its a stressfull time eh?? to say the least.

Tina, Will and boys. x
Old Nov 13th 2009, 9:18 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mudplug View Post

Hello & welcome to you, your family both two legged and four legged

I think I know what you mean about the initial excitement, I was over the moon at first, now I'm just worried most of the time and I know exactly what you mean about not being able to make long term decisions!

I think kids can be quite resilient, as a child we moved around a lot and though it was hard saying goodbye to friends, I think I turned out ok it may be harder on teenagers but hopefully everything will be ok best of luck to you in your plans and hope it all goes very smoothly for you.