Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Abnormal blood results

Abnormal blood results

Old Oct 19th 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of
Unhappy Abnormal blood results

Hi all - well my OH has just had the results of his repeat liver test results and guess what after staying off alcohol for 6weeks his GGT has NOT altered at all it's still 101!!!!! His GP has said he is not concerned as he is fit and healthy not on any medications. so frustrating since he has tried sooo hard to get it down. GP is writing a letter for our C/O just wondered if anyone else has has been in a similar situation xx
Old Oct 19th 2009, 10:12 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abnormal blood results

Originally Posted by ragdolls2
Hi all - well my OH has just had the results of his repeat liver test results and guess what after staying off alcohol for 6weeks his GGT has NOT altered at all it's still 101!!!!! His GP has said he is not concerned as he is fit and healthy not on any medications. so frustrating since he has tried sooo hard to get it down. GP is writing a letter for our C/O just wondered if anyone else has has been in a similar situation xx
Awww poor man!! hope letter from GP does the trick

B x
Old Oct 19th 2009, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MnB
Awww poor man!! hope letter from GP does the trick

B x
thanks MnB - hope so astime is running out!!!
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Wally58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Abnormal blood results

This is OH and he is well naffed off. What a waste of time trying to get LFT's down and for what ?

With all the talk on this forum about poverty in NZ I wonder why we're bothering at all. We both have jobs here earning a joint income of £70k plus, 2 houses, and a good social life. There's no wonder the population of NZ is so low - they won't let anyone in !!!!

I have gone form thinking this is a great opportunity and what have we got to lose to what's the point of all this stress at our time of life.

The only positive I can think of is tax free pension after 5 years - but is that enough ???

Anyway that's my rant over with

IW
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wally58
The only positive I can think of is tax free pension after 5 years - but is that enough ???

Anyway that's my rant over with

IW
How so? Do you have any idea (just asking/wondering) at what 'generous' rate this tax-free NZ pension would be at? Does this mean you are aged 55 now or what? From what you have listed, I would question your motives for coming very seriously. You have the right to move to anywhere in the EU without a visa as a Brit so why NZ....it's so far away?
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Yes - Any pension funds we transfer to NZ and put into a superannuation there which is recognised by the UK revenue and leave it for 5 years - we can then take it tax free. By then we will be over 55 anyway.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Back to the topic.

I dunno Ragdolls. Sometimes there seems to be no reason why liver function becomes so abnormal. Not to do with our NZ application at all , but husband had an MOT/WOF & his liver function tests were off the scale and at the end of the universe . It wasn't anything to do with fitness, alcohol or diet. The GP had no answer.
Sorry to write this Ragdolls, but two years later husband has just had areasonable but still outside of normal result for the liver function testing.

Husband was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid during this time.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:41 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS
Back to the topic.

I dunno Ragdolls. Sometimes there seems to be no reason why liver function becomes so abnormal. Not to do with our NZ application at all , but husband had an MOT/WOF & his liver function tests were off the scale and at the end of the universe . It wasn't anything to do with fitness, alcohol or diet. The GP had no answer.
Sorry to write this Ragdolls, but two years later husband has just had areasonable but still outside of normal result for the liver function testing.

Husband was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid during this time.
awh ragdolls, I am so sorry to hear this news I feel for you guys. Try and keep your chin's up and stay positive, I know its hard as we have and still experiencing a load of crap with the medical assessors. I really hope that the letter the gp is going to do for you will help

Take care

Tina. x
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All - many thanks for your comments, trying to stay positive but finding it difficult I think the next step will be a referral to the MA so things will probably be delayed now.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:00 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All - many thanks for your comments, trying to stay positive but finding it difficult I think the next step will be a referral to the MA so things will probably be delayed now.
keep your chin up ragdolls...all not lost yet!...may take a bit longer but others have got through, have you thought about pre-empting MA and getting OH booked in for a liver scan...I know its more money but may save you a bit of time
it all works out for you
B x
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Already had full abdominal scan in April and was all clear
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:38 pm
MnB

Glad thats sorted then & you've had all clear....will just keep fingers & toes crossed that GP letter does the trick

Best wishes
B x
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Brilliant. Bung that & your liver itself in with your medical.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 9:41 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS
Brilliant. Bung that & your liver itself in with your medical.
lol, bevs. Yep ragdolls, please try and stay positive and stick with it, as others have said get as much info as you can ready to put in with application and ma will see it straight away if and only if you get referred. I am rooting for you.

Tina. x
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

thank you thank you !!!!!!!!!!. now just the postal strike to contend with!!!! do you ever get the feeling that dark forces are against you xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.