Reload this Page >

6 weeks left in the UK.. then who knows

6 weeks left in the UK.. then who knows

Old Jun 10th 2014, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Clag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 6 weeks left in the UK.. then who knows

Hi all,

Thought I would quickly introduce myself! My fiance and I are currently in the process of obtaining visas to join his close family in Waikanae. (I myself also have family in Christchurch) I am just starting out in a career in HR, and my fiance is a software developer.

We tried New Zealand in 2009, but came home for education purposes, and in my case because I missed my family. Since then we have spent 15 months living in Geneva, Switzerland where my fiance was working at cern. (Amazing time in our lives)

We get married in 5 weeks, then we are off to America for a few weeks on honeymoon... after this (depending on the visa situation) we will be heading to Wellington! My fiance is very excited, I am trying to be, but much like the majority of you guys.. I am very sad to have to leave my family and friends behind.

Anyway, that turned out to be a little longer so thanks all for reading
Old Jun 10th 2014, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

emmawoo77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 6 weeks left in the UK.. then who knows

Sounds exciting times for you guys. We are heading over in July - mainly excited with interspersed periods of sure terror and 'what are are we doing moments'... Have lot sof friends already in NZ but family and friends here are fab and Brighton in the summer to Auckland in the winter....
Old Jun 11th 2014, 7:26 am
Just Joined

It is exiting, just very scary too! Fiance has a skype interview on Monday and has another company interested as well so hoping for the best now!

When are you leaving? Do you have jobs etc to go to?
Old Jun 11th 2014, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

emmawoo77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Yes it was the job offer that prompted the process. It is with the Ministry of Education, I'm a psychologist. We fly on the 15th July. Although our visas are still being processed so it is going to be tight - they have just gone for QA with a senior CO. E x
Old Jun 13th 2014, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Oh wow thats exiting, interesting job too! Good luck with everything, I shouldnt be too far behind you!