Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

5-A-Side Players Needed - Christchurch

5-A-Side Players Needed - Christchurch

Old Feb 22nd 2015, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all
Default 5-A-Side Players Needed - Christchurch

Hi,

we are looking for a Goalkeeper and a decent outfield player for Monday nights 5 a side football.
Must be willing to commit to every or most Monday evenings for the long term. Games are 40minutes long and they alternate between 6.30pm and 8.30pm each week.
Cost is $35 per Team each week, so it usually works out at $6 or $7 per game each, depending on whether we have 5 or 6 players turn up.

It's a privately run league at Hagley Gym and we have 8 Teams in the league who play every week. Age is not an issue as there are players who range from 16yrs up to 50yrs+

Let me know if you are keen for a regular game!
Cheers, Grant
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

likethefish28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5-A-Side Players Needed - Christchurch

Hi Grant,

I'm moving to Christchurch from London at the end of September and I currently play 5-a-side football (women's league) every Monday night as a goalkeeper. Are you still looking for new players? I'm keen to carry on as I absolutely love football and have been playing on and off since I was at school. I've been playing in the current league for about 4 years.

I'm female and 28 years old.

Thanks,
Gemma
Old Aug 24th 2015, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all

Hi Gemma,
thanks for getting in touch. We would be keen for sure. Goalkeepers are hard to find! We currently just rotate our outfield players but a fulltime keeper would be awesome. Ill private msg you my contact details so you can get in touch when you settle in over here. If you have any questions about the league or Christchurch in general just give me a yell. I'll have been here 11yrs in September and the time has flown by!
Cheers, Grant
Old Aug 24th 2015, 9:28 am
Just Joined

likethefish28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Grant,

Excellent - thank you!

I need to post three times before I can access my private messages but this one will tip me over :-)

Best regards,
Gemma