Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

5-a-side in Auckland anyone?

5-a-side in Auckland anyone?

Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:50 am
Just Joined

scottishkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up 5-a-side in Auckland anyone?

Howdy, I'm a 26-year old Scottish bloke (massive Celtic fan) and keen to get back playing 5-a-side on a social basis.

Played a lot in Scotland through my work and really enjoyed it. I'm pretty hopeless and could do with losing a few stone and getting fitter so not looking for any high standard just people who fancy a game and a laugh and maybe even a pint afterwards.

Anyone interested? I live in Mount Wellington area.

Cheers,
Old Sep 1st 2010, 2:31 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 5-a-side in Auckland anyone?

The hubbys in the same boat and wants to get back into it! (he's 29)

They are starting a league here in a few weeks, they're just setting up teams, its in Stanmore Bay tho - too far for you?

Think its a Fri evening, after the match down to the beach (5 min walk) for a swim, barbie and few beers

Last edited by Flower Pot; Sep 1st 2010 at 2:37 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:14 am
Just Joined

barthezblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone interested? I live in Mount Wellington area.

Cheers,[/QUOTE]

Hi scottishkiwi, I live in Mt Eden and would definately be interested in five-aside footie and am willing to travel a bit but probably not as far as Stanmore Bay (nice as it is up there). If we get enough people maybe can get a team together. Anyone else interested that lives in or are able to get to Auckland City area????
Old Sep 8th 2010, 12:35 am
Just Joined

almondm70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I would be up for this, living in Mt Eden but as with other i can travel within Auckland if a reasonable distance.

PM with any further info!
Old Sep 8th 2010, 12:48 am
Auckland via UK and SA

sfitz is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be up for this depending on where and when. 26 year old english guy here - already play for a 11 a side teams during the football season but looking to play still quite a bit during the summer

If we can get a team together count me in!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Hi to all in the above posts and to everyone else that's interested in participating in five-a-side Indoor footie in the Auckland City district.

I have found out lots of info re: local leagues that are starting soon and also a centre that offers social footie on a 'just turn up and play' basis. There are mens and mixed leagues (men & women) options available.

Please PM me ASAP if you want further info as if we are able to get at least 7people interested we can register a squad but need to be fairly quick as the spaces for team allocations are going quickly. Alternatively, as I mentioned, there is a weekly social night on offer.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Tunney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi this sounds good if you guys still looking for players. I've lived here for about a year in Mt Eden and my mate from England has just got here, said I'd look for a team. Both haven't played for a couple of years but bit of a kick about would be good.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:35 am
Just Joined

There is a place just down the road from me (http://www.indoorsportsbalmoral.co.nz/index.html) who seem to offer casual/competitive footie is this the same one as previously seen?
Old Sep 14th 2010, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: 5-a-side in Auckland anyone?

As a new member, It seems I am unable to access the PM system until I have posted at least 3 times! Alas apologies to persons that have sent me a private message in response to my request above. However this is my third post so fingers crossed!!

No the info I have does not include Balmoral so might be worth a look. Thanks for that.

I have focused on YMCA fitness centres as I understand their prices/registration fees are very affordable. Out of all the info I have, Mt Albert seems to be a good bet for competitive footie (new teams start in lowest division) and have a new league starting 11th Oct. Registration fee $380 (10 week league) Otherwise the social venue is at Onehunga.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Happy with either options, would be good to play in a league but socially would be good too. Mt Albert and Onehunga are not too far. Do you know how many takers there are for either option?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:25 am
Just Joined

To anyone else out there interested in five-a-side footie, (I think there are about 5 or 6 of us up for it at the mo) please turn up at the Onehunga YMCA venue next thursday night for a social kick-a-bout (it is a long standing existing set-up for the centre but have been told we can just turn up for a game on the night). Any level of skill, fitness is fine btw.

I can bring along all the info I have re:competitive leagues starting soon & if anyone else has found out anything do the same. See below for details of venue.
YMCA Jordan Recreation & Fitness Centre, 5 Pearce Street, Onehunga, Auckland (behind Onehunga Mall, which is the main high street for those who don't know) Aim to arrive about 5.50pm as social footie is 6-8.30pm. Cost $5.00 pp.

We can have a kick-a-bout with locals/regulars etc, go for a chat may be over a beer afterwards then take it from there.

Please reply to this post if DEFINATELY intending to turn up for an idea of numbers.

Cheers & see you there!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by barthezblue
To anyone else out there interested in five-a-side footie, (I think there are about 5 or 6 of us up for it at the mo) please turn up at the Onehunga YMCA venue next thursday night for a social kick-a-bout (it is a long standing existing set-up for the centre but have been told we can just turn up for a game on the night). Any level of skill, fitness is fine btw.

I can bring along all the info I have re:competitive leagues starting soon & if anyone else has found out anything do the same. See below for details of venue.
YMCA Jordan Recreation & Fitness Centre, 5 Pearce Street, Onehunga, Auckland (behind Onehunga Mall, which is the main high street for those who don't know) Aim to arrive about 5.50pm as social footie is 6-8.30pm. Cost $5.00 pp.

We can have a kick-a-bout with locals/regulars etc, go for a chat may be over a beer afterwards then take it from there.

Please reply to this post if DEFINATELY intending to turn up for an idea of numbers.

Cheers & see you there!
Im in. I've PM'd you my contact details just in case.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:08 am
Just Joined

choccyjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I've recently moved to Auckland and am desperate to get back playing footie. I work in Manukau and live in the CBD. Apparently I have to post 3 things before I can PM so apologies for the next 2 ramblings....Can play this week...
Old Nov 10th 2010, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Pocket is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can you let me know how I can go about getting in touch regards the 5-a-side football? I am keen (all be it not very good) to play.

cheers
Pocket
Old Nov 10th 2010, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

choccyjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pocket,

A few of us go to Onehunga on Thursday nights. It's $5 each and you just turn up, find a team and play winner stays on. Starts around 6.30, I haven't quite managed to hang around to find out when it finishes.

Give me a buzz if you're interested.
Joe - 0272 483845

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.