Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

4 days in Auckland - Top things to do?

4 days in Auckland - Top things to do?

Old Jan 4th 2010, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of
Default Re: 4 days in Auckland - Top things to do?

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
Don't be so sensitive, most comments are meant tongue in cheek and of course are down to individual taste. Pretty boring if we all thought the same and wanted the same.
I agree though I thought it was 'JAFA' =Just another f@@@ing Aucklander?
Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

At the airport they used to have this big sign that said just another friendly aucklander!

Anyway...my favourite daytrips in Auckland are

KareKare
Bethells Beach
Lake Wainamu at Bethells
Muriwai
Hunua Falls
Devonport and the tunnels
The city loop walk in the waitakeres..on the way to Bethells ( a theme here)
Arataki Visitor center
Fish and Chips and feijoa wine at sunset on Mt Eden
Tiritiri Matangi
Rangitoto
Old Jan 4th 2010, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be so sensitive, most comments are meant tongue in cheek and of course are down to individual taste. Pretty boring if we all thought the same and wanted the same.
But it's also incredibly boring to hear the same things about Auckland, usually from people who don't know the city or its people very well, if at all.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 2:01 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
But it's also incredibly boring to hear the same things about Auckland, usually from people who don't know the city or its people very well, if at all.
You're right I don't know the people that well as I had no idea they were so sensitive and defensive, the city I do know pretty well. Obviously being half welsh and a stoke city supporter I am used to all kinds of comments which are water off a ducks back as far as I am concerned but I will be more careful in the future not to upset delicate aucklanders
Old Jan 5th 2010, 4:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

You're right I don't know the people that well as I had no idea they were so sensitive and defensive, the city I do know pretty well. Obviously being half welsh and a stoke city supporter I am used to all kinds of comments which are water off a ducks back as far as I am concerned but I will be more careful in the future not to upset delicate aucklanders
The being half-welsh & a stoke city supporter would explain alot
Old Jan 5th 2010, 4:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
The being half-welsh & a stoke city supporter would explain alot
BTW, I'm just curious, which part of you is the half-welsh bit???? The back, the front, the left side or the right or is it the part above your umbilicus or below??????

I'll get me coat.......

Last edited by scrubbedexpat094; Jan 5th 2010 at 4:38 am. Reason: Forgot a bit!
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:10 am

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

oh vital you do make me larf out loud