Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

3 great thing and 3 crap ones about NZ?

3 great thing and 3 crap ones about NZ?

Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:21 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 great thing and 3 crap ones about NZ?

Originally Posted by sr71
You are a sad little man, desperately trawling my posts from other topics.

BTW - there is a difference between 'expected' or 'automatic' tips and tipping for good service.
yeah right.........I find them rather amusing, the frequent references to how you have just been working in such and such and have been to so and so.....really need that self-justification, eh?

and the little snide comments about how such and such is better than the UK. Teeth, clothes, etc clearly issues there.......

go on reach for the "semantic knife" it really is your final hope......you just might dig your little way out of the holes your opinions land you in......
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
yeah right.........I find them rather amusing, the frequent references to how you have just been working in such and such and have been to so and so.....really need that self-justification, eh?

and the little snide comments about how such and such is better than the UK. Teeth, clothes, etc clearly issues there.......

go on reach for the "semantic knife" it really is your final hope......you just might dig your little way out of the holes your opinions land you in......
You can try and paint whatever picture you want with your selective quotes and references but this is a discussion forum where I'll voice my opinion based on my personal experiences and thoughts - just like you and everyone else does and is entitled to do.

I also don't favour any one country over another, I just say things as I see them factually.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:39 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

You can try and paint whatever picture you want with your selective quotes and references but this is a discussion forum where I'll voice my opinion based on my personal experiences and thoughts - just like you and everyone else does and is entitled to do.

I also don't favour any one country over another, I just say things as I see them factually.
touche........
and I could call you a "sad little man" too but I don't
there's the difference...........I think the <ignore> button beckons
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

touche........
and I could call you a "sad little man" too but I don't
You could, be then I'm not the one 'building a profile', quoting from irrelevant threads or trawling another users posting history.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:50 am
you dewty owld maan!

You could, be then I'm not the one 'building a profile', quoting from irrelevant threads or trawling another users posting history.
just trying to get to the person behind the "prickly" exterior and seems like I am finding him..................
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:01 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

This is most unseemly. You guys are arguing like girls...
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:14 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 3 great thing and 3 crap ones about NZ?

I think the things that impact my quality of life most are:
1. Low earnings potential for professionals.
2. Expense of housing (qualitative factors included).
3. Pathetic public transport system.

However seeing as the current government wish to address issues 1 and 2 it'll be interesting to see how they have done in 10 years when their two terms are up how they have done.

The best things about New Zealand are:
1. Low population density.
2. Basic public services (Health, education...not so much police) I've found to be very usable.
3. Nice womenfolk...New Zealand has many to chose from with little competition from the locals!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:18 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
..However seeing as the current government wish to address issues 1 and 2 it'll be interesting to see how they have done in 10 years when their two terms are up how they have done.
That will be in 6 years then.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by southerner
It reminds me of this :

Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:32 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: 3 great thing and 3 crap ones about NZ?

That will be in 6 years then.
I can add...

...I can add perfectly.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:32 am
you dewty owld maan!

that is a nice one

/extends a "girly" hand for a shake/.......

no hard feelings?

last "girl" I wound up called me a "f*ing fairy"..........had to wear a tutu in training for that mistake, lads found it funny though......
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:34 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Wink Re: 3 great thing and 3 crap ones about NZ?

/extends a "girly" hand for a shake/.......

no hard feelings?
I guess that depends on just what a "girly" handshake entails?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:37 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I guess that depends on just what a "girly" handshake entails?

not sure what is going to get shaken.....

OK I can make it a blokey one if you insist..........just to keep the thread clean.......
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:45 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: 3 great thing and 3 crap ones about NZ?

Blokey handshake? Like a finger crusher? Maybe the bizzare and alarming "shake with both hands"? There is this whole complex etiquette around handshakes.

So high fives only around here thanks . But only if you are cool enough.

<Turns back and walks away>.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Lardyl - this is the worst I have seen you....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.