1st Anniversary

Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future
Talking 1st Anniversary

Hi

Haven't posted for a while. Life is plodding along just great! It is exactly a year today since we left the UK.

Any regrets???? NONE whatsoever.

We really feel like this is home, we settled in quickly and have enjoyed so much and have plans to enjoy so much more. Not everything went smoothly in the first year, but life is life wherever you go. Sadly my Grandad died four weeks after arriving in NZ. Charlie ruptured his achilles seven weeks after starting his new job and re-ruptured it three months later having returned to work for one week. We survived all this and still pinch ourselves every day that we actually live here!

Good points - Location, weather, beautiful quiet beach (i now think of busy if I see more than one person on it when I am walking) muffins and coffee at the mount, scenery, travel opportunities (still to go to South Island but it is on the list to do) people, friendlyness, genuineness, working part time, ACC, stress free job, lack of traffic, morning tea, seeing dolphins swim by the kitchen window from the rental, being refunded at motel when we first arrived because owner thought his brother had over charged us! Baking, growing cabbages in my garden.......

Bad points - lack of leave from work (off set by working part time) TV - its rubbish! price of books - extortion! Builders hammering on house being on section next to ours - GGggrrhh.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoying our time here looking forward to exploring more of this beautiful country, reminiscing of the whole moving process and how exciting/stressful it all was. Good luck to everyone hoping to do something similar, I hope you can have the same feeling of success that we have. NZ is great!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:34 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st Anniversary

Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:39 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely post! Happy Anniversary. Glad your all settled and loving it. Tauranga's a great place. I'd like a kitchen window like yours
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

good on you...

we,ve only been here a month,and just hitting some of the obstacles that no doubt everyone hits...

but seeing light and end of tunnel....

don,t know yet if this is where i want to be....but starting to think its fine for now.....

once we settle into some kind of normality,i wil probably settle better...

don,t know why people post "the threads dead baby" if they don,t want to comment ,then move on .and let someone whos interested have a discussion..:curse:
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

jaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lardyl
Glad your settled hope everything goes well
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

pauliz will become famous soon enoughpauliz will become famous soon enough

Congrats on your first anniversary,Were heading out to Tauranga and its nice to read something positive,
Looks like you got all of your bad karma out of the way in the beginning so you have only good to come
Hey, are there anymore rentals going on that beach?Would love to stand at my kitchen sink washing up to the sound of the ocean and dolphins.
We havent anywhere to stay yet so any suggestions are more than welcome.
thanks Liz
ps which motel did you stay in on arrival? but Im sure by now the owner of the brother has now got wise
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:44 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
...don,t know why people post "the threads dead baby" if they don,t want to comment ,then move on .and let someone whos interested have a discussion..:curse:
I don't think that was a message Lardyl posted, that's part of their signature under the line. Lots of people have funny messages in their signatures. No need to get :curse: you're in NZ now, chill!!!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

my apologies lardyl

i honestly just thought people posted that.:embaressed_smile:
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:34 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nickcharliepark
Hi

Haven't posted for a while. Life is plodding along just great! It is exactly a year today since we left the UK.

We really feel like this is home, we settled in quickly and have enjoyed so much and have plans to enjoy so much more. Not everything went smoothly in the first year, but life is life wherever you go. Sadly my Grandad died four weeks after arriving in NZ. Charlie ruptured his achilles seven weeks after starting his new job and re-ruptured it three months later having returned to work for one week. We survived all this and still pinch ourselves every day that we actually live here!

Good points - Location, weather, beautiful quiet beach (i now think of busy if I see more than one person on it when I am walking) muffins and coffee at the mount, scenery, travel opportunities (still to go to South Island but it is on the list to do) people, friendlyness, genuineness, working part time, ACC, stress free job, lack of traffic, morning tea, seeing dolphins swim by the kitchen window from the rental, being refunded at motel when we first arrived because owner thought his brother had over charged us! Baking, growing cabbages in my garden.......

Bad points - lack of leave from work (off set by working part time) TV - its rubbish! price of books - extortion! Builders hammering on house being on section next to ours - GGggrrhh.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoying our time here looking forward to exploring more of this beautiful country, reminiscing of the whole moving process and how exciting/stressful it all was. Good luck to everyone hoping to do something similar, I hope you can have the same feeling of success that we have. NZ is great!
Lovely post, many congrats on making it such a success! You'll have to come along to our next Bay of Plenty meet up?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:54 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't been to Tauranga but I suspect it's not much like Wakefield (where I grew up!)

Great to hear you're doing well. And don't let the builders wind you up - they'll be gone eventually!!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:37 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ya folks - pleased to hear that the 12 month anniversary has found you in a great place at the right time of your lives.

Good as gold!

Here's to many more....

Wiz'n'Ton
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:02 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
my apologies lardyl

i honestly just thought people posted that.:embaressed_smile:
no worries its my sig (taking the piss out of myself as my inane drivel usually kills a thread !!!) it comes from a post that I made in the "Thread Killers" thread and its a play on the classic line from Pulp Fiction that Bruce Willis utters

.................all together now ............
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:03 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by lardyl
actually that was one of my better posts

/"pads" off into the distance/ hehe
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nickcharliepark
Hi

Next month I celebrate my 1st year anniversary in BOP, NZ. I think in this time I have experienced every emotion, sometimes all in one day!!

But, I must say, it has all been worth it and I would not change anything for the world. Walking along the beach between Mount Maunganui and Papamoa with the dog is, totally, out of this world and I would recommend it to everyone.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,
Congrats and well done. The mount is great, our little lad loved it round at pilot bay when we were over a few years ago. My brother is a copper up there, so if you get pulled over by a brit cop( and there are a few up there), give him my regards.

Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.