Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

161,650,000 pounds

161,650,000 pounds

Old Feb 25th 2012, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default 161,650,000 pounds

That is what a Scottish couple have just won on a euro lotery roll over.

14,400GBPs odd a day in interest...that does not sound like a lot does it with 161 million in the bank?

Mind you better than nothing?

What would you do? I think I would go mad and be very, very afraid!! They apparently are unphased by it and not indimidated by the amount.

I would shit myself with just 10 million dollars!!!!!!
Old Feb 25th 2012, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 161,650,000 pounds

I had relatives here in NZ who sold a uk business for almost £20,000,000. (million)
He blew the lot in less than 6 years before taking his own life last year.
Simply unbelievable, how do you get through that amount in such a short time and end up with nothing

He owned a large Taupo caravan / motorhome business that closed last year
Old Feb 26th 2012, 12:00 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

I know the story of your relative Col.
Sorry for your loss mate.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't buy happiness
Old Feb 26th 2012, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Iv,e been skint iv,e been rich, i know which is better

These people that win 10 million quid then keep there job on cleaning the factory where they have worked for the last 30 years don't deserve it,

It,s not happiness that it buys you but time, time to do the stuff you want to do whithout the hassle of mortgage, bills. With all due respect Col it probably wasn,t the money making your rellie unhappy there must be more underlying stuff

Neil
Old Feb 26th 2012, 2:55 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis

14,400GBPs odd a day in interest...that does not sound like a lot does it with 161 million in the bank?

What would you do? I think I would go mad and be very, very afraid!! They apparently are unphased by it and not indimidated by the amount.

That is an obscene amount of money. And for sure there is no good going to come from it.

Although it would be funny if you HAD to spend only on particular things, like completely blinging out your council house.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

your probably right
Old Feb 26th 2012, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Iv,e been skint iv,e been rich, i know which is better

These people that win 10 million quid then keep there job on cleaning the factory where they have worked for the last 30 years don't deserve it,

It,s not happiness that it buys you but time, time to do the stuff you want to do whithout the hassle of mortgage, bills. With all due respect Col it probably wasn,t the money making your rellie unhappy there must be more underlying stuff

Neil
I have always thought that about lots of money..the one thing it could buy us as a family that we don't have enough of is time. I am quite happy with most material things in my life but I would love Kate not to have to work full time. I would not move or buy a 2nd home. I would like to know my children would be comfortable (money tied up in trust until they were 30 or something0. But I would never ever wish 160 million pounds upon myself or my family as I personally could not cope with such a huge wedge. And I feel unless you are a very very special person that kind of money could or would wreak havoc on some one simple like me.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

stephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of light

I have always thought that about lots of money..the one thing it could buy us as a family that we don't have enough of is time. I am quite happy with most material things in my life but I would love Kate not to have to work full time. I would not move or buy a 2nd home. I would like to know my children would be comfortable (money tied up in trust until they were 30 or something0. But I would never ever wish 160 million pounds upon myself or my family as I personally could not cope with such a huge wedge. And I feel unless you are a very very special person that kind of money could or would wreak havoc on some one simple like me.
It's certainly a large wedge.
Here's a thought. Consider, for instance, buying a large sporting estate somewhere.
With the sporting estate comes responsibility for things such as; the estate livestock and its upkeep, the estate employees, their housing, their facilities (subsidising the local school because there aren't enough pupils on the school roll for the LEA to keep it running). Subsidising the local bus and library, particularly as they have now been cut as part of the current worldwide recession.. The turnover from the sporting estate represents a significant percentage of the local, county and regional finances and it's loss would be devastating.
If you weren't careful, all of a sudden,165 mill might not be enough.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

If you're talking about the win on Friday night it was £46,432,285.20.
Not that I'm splitting hairs!!!
Old Feb 26th 2012, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stephen60
It's certainly a large wedge.
Here's a thought. Consider, for instance, buying a large sporting estate somewhere.
If you weren't careful, all of a sudden,165 mill might not be enough.
Note to self....Dont buy a sporting estate
Old Feb 26th 2012, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Matelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of light

I think you could do a lot of good to other people with the money.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 8:30 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

How to make £10 million disappear instantly.........listen to the doc telling you your times up it a couple of weeks.....
Old Feb 26th 2012, 8:48 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Give some to charity and family who are in need. Then I'd carry on as normal, live off the interest and have darned good holidays.

I wouldn't tell my children how much it was though - I've seen far too many rich kids go to seed and drop out when they realise that mummy and daddy are going to take care of them.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

stephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by j19fmm
If you're talking about the win on Friday night it was £46,432,285.20.
Not that I'm splitting hairs!!!
46m could be splitting Heirs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.