Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

10 months countdown to follow my husband..

10 months countdown to follow my husband..

Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

klicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant future
Default 10 months countdown to follow my husband..

THe day has come today and we have said an emotional goodbye to my husband who is on his way now to wellington to start his new job and life !! I will follow with the kids next june and i cant wait !!! But its such a long time.... I am staying here, because daughter no 1 (have 4 kids ) is finishing her a levels next year and we felt we owe her that much to let her finish them !!So hopefully we ll all go together to NZ in 2009!! Half of our belongings is already on a container somewhere on its way !!!Just hope hubs will have a fantastic time in wellington and make lots of new friends and will find a nice new home and area for all of us !!Can you trust a man to do that ?? haha he will be fine !! so its countdown for me, crossing everyday off till june and enjoy our last year in the UK !! But.... am abit scared about being a single mom till then.... missing him already ....soo much !! sorry for sounding pathetic already !!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire- soon to be New Plymouth (December 2008)
jill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant future
Default Re: 10 months countdown to follow my husband..

Time will soon fly by, and I am sure that you will be kept busy with the kids and getting the rest of your stuff packed nearer the time.

Are you selling your house or are you going to rent it out, just being nosy really.

My husband dropped the bombshell that he wanted to emigrate, and i have been dragging my heels as i am not sure that i want to go. so for now we are compromising, and are going tp renti out our house for up to 3yrs so that we have a choice to come back if we/I dont like it.

What made you decide that NZ was for you.

Jill
Old Aug 21st 2008, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

klicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant futureklicker has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jill stanton
Time will soon fly by, and I am sure that you will be kept busy with the kids and getting the rest of your stuff packed nearer the time.

Are you selling your house or are you going to rent it out, just being nosy really.

My husband dropped the bombshell that he wanted to emigrate, and i have been dragging my heels as i am not sure that i want to go. so for now we are compromising, and are going tp renti out our house for up to 3yrs so that we have a choice to come back if we/I dont like it.

What made you decide that NZ was for you.

Jill
Hi Jill ! We sold our house really quickly !! Couldnt believe it... first viewer without a long chain ,so it all was over and done with,within a month(was sooo glad hubs was here to help and sort it all out !!)So i am renting just down the road till next year !! Quite hard really as we had such a beautiful old house and i have to drive past it every day !!!The decision to go to NZ has been there a long time(we lived in sydney for 1yr and loved it and ever since tried to move abroard again )So we decided to give it our last shot and hubs went to the london expo and got lots of interviews lined up via phone with telecom companys (who were looking for lots of people...yeah...our luck finally came!!)Had a joboffer in june to work in wellington and then we said we go for it IF the house sells.... couldnt believe, that in this climate it sold straight away!! Have you got any kids ?? thats hard to convince them too, but the world is big and you only live once and mayby you should give it a go if your heart is in it... being abroard works for us (lived also in germany for 5 yrs ) it certainly brought us closer as a family !! Its harder if you ve got lots of close family and friends !! But you will always make new friends again who also become like a family ,as they are in the same situation !!good luck and be prepaired for lots of mountain paperwork if you go ahead...all the best from susanne x
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Poor you. Must be horrid to be on your own and I expect you want the excitement of starting life in a new country too. 10 months will soon fly by though. It is good that you are allowing your daughter to finish her A levels as yes it is an important time for here. Do you have a webcam and messenger so that you can see each other and chat every day? That brought us closer to our kids when we were separated and also when I was in the states for a visit with my son and left OH behind it was nice being able to get on the webcam. I am sure that by the time you get here your hubby will have everything sorted and then all you have to concentrate on is settling into your new life. I am sure he will be sensible about places to live. Men are getting better at that you know. They have to live there too!! Good luck and hope everything works out just fine for you.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:36 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi it's me.

I'm klickers hubby...here in welly

...anyone want to meet up???

Jan
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
Hi it's me.

Jan
First of all Welcome to NZ - how are you liking it so far. Wish we could meet up but we are down in Chch but someone will be up for a meet in Welly no doubt.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
Hi it's me.

Jan
Hi Jan !!!
Yeah go on then... i will meet you sometime next year...lol
missing u lots xxxx