£££s to $$$s

Old May 18th 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all
Default £££s to $$$s

Hello everyone

The general exchange rate is roughly 2.8$ to the pound, this is for the general tourist. How much of a better rate do you get on say £100,000 as a round figure?? Does this vary alot and what banks or companies do you recommend? Also, do you need to put the cash in a specific bank beforehand in the UK?

Cheers as always
ps. come on you blues (liverpool supporter)!

Jads
Old May 18th 2007, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: £££s to $$$s

blimey, where'd you get that rate from I just changed £60.00 up and the best I got was 2.53
Old May 18th 2007, 2:26 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesnye
blimey, where'd you get that rate from I just changed £60.00 up and the best I got was 2.53
Currently on www.xe.com:

1.00 GBP = 2.70480 NZD
Old May 18th 2007, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all

Originally Posted by julesnye
yeah but do you get a better rate for large sums, not that ive got a large stash or anything, but hopefully 100k.

jads
Old May 18th 2007, 5:46 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Crown Currency do the best exchange rates, the more notice you can give them the better the rate
Old May 18th 2007, 7:24 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Try ukforex.com, mention you are a member of British Expats forum and you will get preferential rates.

Buzzy
Old May 18th 2007, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jads
Hello everyone

The general exchange rate is roughly 2.8$ to the pound, this is for the general tourist. How much of a better rate do you get on say £100,000 as a round figure?? Does this vary alot and what banks or companies do you recommend? Also, do you need to put the cash in a specific bank beforehand in the UK?

Cheers as always
ps. come on you blues (liverpool supporter)!

Jads
I found when I changed all my 'house money' ASB (an NZ-OZ bank) gave me the best rate..I thus opened an account in London and moved it over to NZ painlessly with a great rate too!! Good luck.
Old May 19th 2007, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Genesis
I found when I changed all my 'house money' ASB (an NZ-OZ bank) gave me the best rate..I thus opened an account in London and moved it over to NZ painlessly with a great rate too!! Good luck.
Obviously rates are up and down, but what are you looking at, say 1% above the usual exchange rate??

Cheers Jads
Old May 19th 2007, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

[, not that ive got a large stash or anything, but hopefully 100k.

jads[/QUOTE]

Old May 19th 2007, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mickey_d
[, not that ive got a large stash or anything, but hopefully 100k.

jads
[/QUOTE]

Thats about 12 years of built-up equity, thats the only benifit of slogging your guts to pay the mortgage!!!
Thats why its so important getting as many nz dollars as I can, to give my family the best chance of making it in NZ.

Jads
Old May 19th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Thats about 12 years of built-up equity, thats the only benifit of slogging your guts to pay the mortgage!!!
Thats why its so important getting as many nz dollars as I can, to give my family the best chance of making it in NZ.

Jads[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean't thats quite a lot, you've done well.
Me & my OH slogged it out for 24 years & we only managed a 1/4 of that, you'll be fine, just keep an eye on the $.
Where are you moving to?
Old May 19th 2007, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mickey_d

Jads
Me & my OH slogged it out for 24 years & we only managed a 1/4 of that, you'll be fine, just keep an eye on the $.
Where are you moving to?[/QUOTE]
Not sure where or if were going yet, flights booked for July, planning to visit BOP, Hawkes Bay and Northshore. Wasnt planning on going further south than HB, but after being on here wouldnt mind visiting wellington.
Would you recommend Palmerston North? What do you do for a living and have you got kids?
How long have you been there, any info always helpful.

Cheers Jads
Old May 19th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Where are you moving to?
Not sure where or if were going yet, flights booked for July, planning to visit BOP, Hawkes Bay and Northshore. Wasnt planning on going further south than HB, but after being on here wouldnt mind visiting wellington.
Would you recommend Palmerston North? What do you do for a living and have you got kids?
How long have you been there, any info always helpful.

Cheers Jads[/QUOTE]

We rent in North Shore, but are moving to Hawkes Bay in six weeks to our own house, they're a lot cheaper there. We have 2 kids, 14 & 12. I work part-time in Mechanical Design from home for the company I worked for in the UK, OH is a Nurse.
We've been here for 11 months now, which has gone really quick!!!
Never been to P. North, so can't help you there. Wellington looked nice, but we only spent a day there on our recce trip 2 years ago.
We loved North Shore on our Recce trip, but after almost a year living here have decided it is not for us. It just shows you can't really judge an area until you actually live there.
Good luck with your trip
Old May 20th 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

We rent in North Shore, but are moving to Hawkes Bay in six weeks to our own house, they're a lot cheaper there. We have 2 kids, 14 & 12. I work part-time in Mechanical Design from home for the company I worked for in the UK, OH is a Nurse.
Never been to P. North, so can't help you there. Wellington looked nice, but we only spent a day there on our recce trip 2 years ago.
We loved North Shore on our Recce trip, but after almost a year living here have decided it is not for us. It just shows you can't really judge an area until you actually live there.
Good luck with your trip[/QUOTE]

Hi there
We have been looking alot at Hawkes Bay, cant wait to see what its like on our trip. A bit worried its too far from anywhere, but it does look to have cheaper house prices.
Where in HB are you moving to? Does HB have sandy beaches?
Your never be short of wine and the weather looks great too!

Cheers Jads
Old May 21st 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your trip
Hi there
We have been looking alot at Hawkes Bay, cant wait to see what its like on our trip. A bit worried its too far from anywhere, but it does look to have cheaper house prices.
Where in HB are you moving to? Does HB have sandy beaches?
Your never be short of wine and the weather looks great too!

Cheers Jads[/QUOTE]

Hi Jads, i can recommend P North, been here over 2 years, affordable housing, endless stuff to do and see for kids and adults (we have 3 all under 6..they adore it here!!). Great schools, 25 parks, reserves and open spaces, loads of cafes, bars, reataurants, cinemas, shops, theatres, golf, bowling alleys, jet boating, white water rafting, tramping, gorge walking, equestrian pursuits, climbing wall, in/outdoor go karts, crazy golf, 2 scuba schools, museum, scince centre, geat uni/cooleges, mountains, destertd, beautiful beach half hour away, NZ's best skiing 2.5 hours away..the list goes on. Palmerston North is a growing city with a great future...one of NZ's best kept secrets..everyone who does not live here thinks its crap. I own a house that would be double probably treble in a similar neighbourhood in Auckland. And I get no traffic, stress free living, less crime, no crowds and really cheap rates with cheaper petrol too (yes theres a surcharge for fuel up there!!).

Right now I would not live anywhere else..we think Palmy is nigh on perfect..inspite of the climate..who's bothered about a bit of rain and the odd gust? I am still swimming outdoors and its the eqivalent of mid Nov..so its not that bad!!!!!!!! PM me if you like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.