Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Yesssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

Yesssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

We just decided its been enough heartache already. We gave our best presentation to the waiver. we have nothing else to add that would make them change their mind.

Later we could always file another I-601 if our circumstances change. Legally, I've found out that Leighton can only stay in Mexico up to 6 months... so I'm not sure yet what we are going to do... we haven't explored the other possibilities.. we are waiting for our answer.

Personally, I think we should look into moving to some type of British territory... where ever we decide in more than likely WON'T be wales.. or at least anywhere near his family.

I'm just taking it one step at a time right now.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:40 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats

Hey!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! ENJOY IT!!.. Have some pints of cider to celebrate!!!
Go party!!! :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by BeachBunny
Personally, I think we should look into moving to some type of British territory... where ever we decide in more than likely WON'T be wales.. or at least anywhere near his family.

I'm just taking it one step at a time right now.

There is a one bedroom flat going in Cheshire lol

Thanks everyone for the good wishes from both Mary Ann & I

Paul
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ex Teesside, England Now in Edgewater, Maryland USA
Daveyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Congratulations boy

Congratulations and er more congratulations and well done and more congratulations. Its all happening isnt it!!!!!
Best wishes and er congratulations from Dave n Linda
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:23 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
There is a one bedroom flat going in Cheshire lol

Thanks everyone for the good wishes from both Mary Ann & I

Paul
Congratulations. And if you make it out my way (Pasadena, CA.) drop on by. I just made my first hard cider last month, and it should be ready soon!

M.U.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!! :-)
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Congratulations. And if you make it out my way (Pasadena, CA.) drop on by. I just made my first hard cider last month, and it should be ready soon!

M.U.
Well as it happens my 30 year old step-daughter to be is in Rancho cucamonga, and is expecting her 3rd grandchild in Feb. Now I will HAVE to wet the baby's head lol

Cheers Matthew, you will have to send me the recipe lol
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Davey B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yesssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by veryfunny
Glad to read, pardon my ignorance but what is an I-601?
Hi did you email the Embassy yourself reuqsting to know your interview date or did they automatically email you?

Thanks.

Dave.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:19 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Well as it happens my 30 year old step-daughter to be is in Rancho cucamonga, and is expecting her 3rd grandchild in Feb. Now I will HAVE to wet the baby's head lol

Rancho Cucamonga is pretty much right next door, so you will have to stop by (with your spouse, of course) in Feb when you are in my area!

Cider almost makes itself.

You take a few gallons of raw, unfiltered, unpasteurized apple juice (I used 4 gallons), put it in a carboy (which is basically a water jug that you see used in office water coolers). Let it sit for around 4 to 5 days so the natural "bugs" in the juice will have a chance to ferment a bit (this adds a nice, tart flavor from the wild bugs doing their thing). After those 4 or 5 days, hit it with a big slug of brewers yeast or other commercial yeast strain. The infusion of a big slug of good yeast means the wild bugs are now outnumbered and the good yeast quickly finishes out the fermentation process. Pretty simple (almost as simple as making mead).

Next time though, I'm going to buy an extra gallon of juice, put it in a pot on the stove, and reduce it from a gallon to a couple of cups worth of concentrated juice. Than add that to the cider to help give it a big apple kick in flavor.

I've never tried making a cider before, and it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I plan on making it a sparkling cider by force carbonation in a keg, then filling up a few bottles with a counter pressure filler.

Ever mix half cider and half Bass Ale (I think its called a snake bite, and I recall it being very good... this was way back when I was still living in San Francisco)? I also seem to recall thinking half cider and half Guinness was pretty tasty too (but perhaps that was a pear cider used to make both of these concoctions… its been so long now, I can’t remember for sure).

M.U.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, that's twice I tried to reply, and couldn't .... never mind! LOL
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:27 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101

What did you say Rene? I couldn't hear you.

Leslie
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Davey B
Hi did you email the Embassy yourself reuqsting to know your interview date or did they automatically email you?

Thanks.

Dave.
I emailed them today and got a response in about 20 mins, telling me when my interview date will be.............
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:30 am

Originally posted by Leslie66
What did you say Rene? I couldn't hear you.

Leslie
LOL, just some silly story about my dad making home made beer. Don't know why it wouldn't let me post! There weren't even any dirty words! LOL :-)
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Davey B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by veryfunny
I emailed them today and got a response in about 20 mins, telling me when my interview date will be.............
That is great news. I really hope all goes well.

I will mail them on Monday in that case.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

RC works for me!! That'll be easier than me going to the east coast to meet ya!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.