Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Yesssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

Yesssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Yesssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May I take this oppertunity to thank everyone on here who has kept me sane during the last few months.

I have finally recieved my 601 visa letter in the post & am planning ot be in the USA by November.

Good luck to Laura & Chonel & Hwarang I hope you get your yes soon.
Be there in time for the first drop of snow & LOVING IT !!!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yesssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
May I take this oppertunity to thank everyone on here who has kept me sane during the last few months.

I have finally recieved my 601 visa letter in the post & am planning ot be in the USA by November.

Glad to read, pardon my ignorance but what is an I-601?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:43 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Doc!! Have a drop or two of "zider" to celebrate, :!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Doc!!! Bet you're mostly happy because you're rid of Eastenders for good now.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 11:20 pm
Wales is next to England

Gasherjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck, but I really don't know if the Americans are ready for your humour yet!!!!!

John
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 11:50 pm
Banned

Katie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!! God speed to the USA.

Katie
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 11:59 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:00 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

OK, will try again but actually type something this time.
Muchos congrats on the I-601, finally you are free.
Out of curiosity, what did the letter say?
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

BIG Congratulations to you! I really enjoy for your sense of humoUr
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to you!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:11 am
ScarlettHill

YES!!!

This is very good news. Now start packing!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:58 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic!! Congratulations!! Lots of good news on the forum the last couple of days. Yeah!

Leslie
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

I already emailed you twice!! Just to let you know I'm still crying tears of joy for you and your missus!!

YES!! :PARTY: YES!! :PARTY: YES!! :PARTY: YES!!

I always told you.. you would get the waiver.. I guess you just don't know yet that I'm always right!! LOL
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by veryfunny
Glad to read, pardon my ignorance but what is an I-601?
Doc didn't automatically qualify for admissability on a K-1 visa because of past indiscretions (mainy reasons disqualify one, including the most popular but not limited to... CIMT, Overstaying a previous visa)

When that happens, the London American Consulate allows a K-1 or K-3 (whether a K'er is allowed to file a I-601 varies by consulate) to file an I-601 waiver.

Most straight forward K-visa's are approved. Unfortunately, this summer there was a few of us with various problems filing I-601's with the London "INS" (or whatever there name is)..

Doc is the 1st out of 3 that were filed within 4 weeks of one another.

October 1st / Wednesday (we all turned ours in on a wednesday)
Laura: @ 10 weeks
Doc: @ 7 weeks (was approved this day, but didn't know it)
Whatever: @ 6 weeks

Doc & Whatever had MUCH simpler cases than mine and all along I expected them to hear a decision much sooner than me.. they were given estimates for a decision of 3-4 weeks.. I was given 6-8 weeks. Here's to "whatever" finding out in the next week..

and hopefully, we will find out something by the 24th.. because if we have an answer either way before Leighton flies to Mexico will make life much easier. At least our life will no longer be on hold. If he's approved that still gives him enough time to stop over at the Embassy and pick up his stamp before flying out.. then we would cross the border together to activate his visa in Tijuana. If he's denied... then at least we are going to still see one another in less than 4 weeks.. and will be able to make decisions once he's here based on knowing he was denied. (If he's denied we are NOT going to appeal the decision.)
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:59 am
Charlie Tuna

(If he's denied we are NOT going to appeal the decision.) [/QUOTE]

Laura,
Out of curiosity; if your I601 application is denied, why will you not appeal? Are you guys looking at settling in Mexico permanently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.