A year and 10 days...

Old Sep 2nd 2012, 9:52 am
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of
Default A year and 10 days...

hey, I was so busy in my new (re-found) life that I forgot my anniversary of returning. I did, however, remember the anniversary of leaving Europe to go to the US, that was exactly 25 months ago!

just for any of you lot who remember me and who care what happened; I have been bumbling around in this country, I do have a job but it is not what I had hoped for. However, it is a job, so mustn't grumble! I said I'd give it a year, and that is still my plan, so am looking out for new and better things. the house in France has been sold, so I have to drive down yet again (third time in as many months) to do the final signature next week, and hubby (yes, we are still technically married) still lives in the US, I presume. If anyone wants any target practice I can give an address and approximate schedule to his day. I'd be so grateful...!!!

US lawyers are thieving gits, however, so the divorce is slow and painful both mentally and on the wallet.

So, still thrilled I made the journey back. I LOVE MY COUNTRY! It's been a shitty summer and I miss the heat but not the humidity of the NE US. However, the food is great, beer likewise and the people speak my language and I am not forever being asked if I am Australian or if I knew lady Diana!!! My dogs are much happier here, in some ways - they can run and play off-leash and although I have to leave them for a horrible number of hours each day, they are much fitter than they have ever been. unfortunately, the cost of housing is high. I live in something not much bigger than a dog kennel. That is the one thing I find difficult - the US was great for space, French farmhouse likewise. Enforced down-sizing is NOT fun. However, with the economic situation being what it is, if the divorce goes through soon and with money from the sale of French house, I may be able to pick up a bargain...

Having moved out of France, I can now fully understand why everyone wants to go and live there! It's a fantastic country to visit - if I didn't know the pain and misery involved with living there as a foreigner, I'd be tempted to move...!!! However, I have the full backing and understanding from a couple of native francaises, that it is nasty living there - hard work on a daily basis, but it is a great holiday country. I just wish I could persuade more people of these facts...

Anyhoo, if anyone knows of folk who are going to be moving to the US, I have a few electrical items which somehow followed me here and are of no use. i have kept my Kitchenaid and use it with a transformer. I don't use it much, but I love it more as a piece of kitchen art more than anything useful. It's pink - cook for the cure - and I haven't seen that style here. (I use the french food processor much more). However, the hairdryer, crock pot and Cuisinart stick blender are still boxed as new and had been used only a couple of times each...

ta ra for now, and hope you lot are still enjoying moaning about the US or any other country you have been holed up in...
Old Sep 8th 2012, 9:16 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A year and 10 days...

the divorce goes through soon, a year seems like too long to be still waiting.
I can't wait for our move to actually happen.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like you are on a good path. I also enjoyed comment "about anyone needing target practice"... Good luck..
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:20 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fulwood
You sound like you are on a good path. I also enjoyed comment "about anyone needing target practice"... Good luck..
shhh, please keep that one quiet! I am currently owner of a green 4x4. Not a good thing as an Englisher in France right now. mercifully () it broke down in Paris on my way down to the Rhone Alpes region so I have a hire car instead. Probably a blessing in disguise....!
Old Sep 11th 2012, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your continuing new adventure! Sounds like despite it all you are moving forwards and enjoying yourself! you get a good financial settlement!