yay!

Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default yay!

Mrs T got a job. Not just a job, she got the salary she wanted (although we did have to revise a bit upon arrival in feb) and the type of company she wanted and in the same city I work in so we can go to work together and have one car as usual

She'll be off to France and Spain for the company soon (so I won't have to pay to take her then ).

She's waited a while, and my parents and my sister all said 'tell her to take job' blah blah, and I always 'no, she's worked so hard for her degree that taking any job would be a waste'. They all thought we were terribly arrogant in this climate, but I've ended up on the package I wanted and so has she.

I would have rather gone back to Oz (and that's effing saying something!) than watch her take a job way below the level she deserves.

Shut my family up as well, which in itself is nothing short of the second coming.

We're off to Bruge for the weekend to celebrate. (might go via a bike shop )
Old Sep 14th 2010, 7:05 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: yay!

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Mrs T got a job. Not just a job, she got the salary she wanted (although we did have to revise a bit upon arrival in feb) and the type of company she wanted and in the same city I work in so we can go to work together and have one car as usual

She'll be off to France and Spain for the company soon (so I won't have to pay to take her then ).

She's waited a while, and my parents and my sister all said 'tell her to take job' blah blah, and I always 'no, she's worked so hard for her degree that taking any job would be a waste'. They all thought we were terribly arrogant in this climate, but I've ended up on the package I wanted and so has she.

I would have rather gone back to Oz (and that's effing saying something!) than watch her take a job way below the level she deserves.

Shut my family up as well, which in itself is nothing short of the second coming.

Fantastic news and food for thought with regard to our return. We want to hold out for the right place and the right jobs so we can make some roots for a good few years.

How is Mrs T finding life in the UK? I guess you are taking full advantage of european travel. Does the weather bother her?

So glad things are working out for you both.
Old Sep 14th 2010, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

thats excellent - well done her! what does she do?
Old Sep 14th 2010, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

obewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant futureobewan has a brilliant future

Congrats to Mrs T

And how lovely that you can celebrate with a weekend to Bruge, now that's the way to do it
Old Sep 14th 2010, 8:38 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent, congratulations to Mrs T
Old Sep 14th 2010, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news! Hope Mrs T is very happy in her new employment. I know it must seem an age to you guys but it seems quite a short time of looking given this economic climate! A job with built in trips to the continent - cant be bad huh!!!
Old Sep 15th 2010, 3:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations
Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all

To answer some questions:

I suppose it seems like a long time but in reality it was only a few weeks. When we arrived here in mid Feb (for me) and mid March (for her) despite us both looking for work it was really me that was the primary 'looker' and being willing to live pretty much anywhere from Oxford to Kent made it difficult for both of us to tell employers/agencies exactly where we would be.

Then in May I was offered a job in Surrey but a couple of weeks before that my FIL fell ill in Korea so Mrs T went to look after him for a while. So when she came back in mid July I had moved into our place in Surrey and she had an area to focus on. But we had some some other things to sort out with study and stuff and with my ironman triathlon coming up everything was put on hold until after that.

So she really was only looking intensely since Aug 11th and was offered the job last week. So about 4 wks !

As for her settling into the UK. She's much better with it now. I think the thing she misses most about Oz is her colleagues, plus some other stuff. But it was the sense of not working that was getting her down and that can happen anywhere of course. Now we are getting out and about with my racing and making plans to see some places just for the sake of going (rather than for a tri or bike race). She's absolutely amazed by where we lie in that we have a major city up the road, London about 40mins away and yet if we look out our front window we can see meadows, cows and a canal.

She's loving things like picking blackberries, soon to be nuts, I showed her a conker yesterday She says food is definitely cheaper and more variety and she is in clothes heaven (strangely she says she can find shoes easier here than in Oz, she has 3 feet).

As for the weather, well it's been a glorious year since we've arrived. I've only canceled 3 rides due to weather, one for ice in Feb and two for torrential rain. Apart from that it's been great (August wasn't too great) so she's been eased in. But she's been in the UK for a winter before so she knows what's coming. She comments regularly on the changing landscape with the trees and stuff. Also we have a large lake up the road from us (I've joined the fishing club there) and we walk each evening around and say hello to people and this has been the thing that's amazed her most is how friendly and willing to chat everyone is. They all know her at the lake now which is great. She also found a Korean lady in our little town, which was unexpected, so they've become friends.

She has ups and down days but I think when she starts work she'll be more 'complete'. By the way she hasn't started yet and has already been invited to the Xmas party

We had a bit of a fractured start so are just now where we should have been a few mths ago. But it's all worked out in the end, it wasn't easy, but was definitely worth it. Will it be forever? Probably not in reality (it never was) but right now I'm loving life

sorry, haven't checked for errors, running to work
Old Sep 15th 2010, 11:04 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Triboy, it sounds as if everything is falling into place. Congratulations.

Bev
Old Sep 15th 2010, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that things are going well for you both

What I wouldn't give for a bit of clothes heaven here in Australia!
Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

(strangely she says she can find shoes easier here than in Oz, she has 3 feet
This was meant to read 'size 3 feet'
Old Sep 15th 2010, 10:02 pm

confusedenglishrose is an unknown quantity at this point

I spotted that but thought it was just quirky humour. Oh how nice it is to add 'u' in a word when typing

Congratulations, I have followed your 'threads' since you were leaving Australia so nice to hear that things do work out.

Enjoy the fishing freshwater or fly?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it had me wondering too
Old Sep 16th 2010, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

haha I thought it was a joke too.
I am very happy for you both.........have a wonderful life!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 11:21 am

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations to Mrs T... the gods are watching out for you two !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.