Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

wow almost a year! can you believe it.

wow almost a year! can you believe it.

Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:46 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wow almost a year! can you believe it.

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Thanks UKwinds
I have decided that I am going to continue with my plans and hope that she returns with us.
I am not telling her until later in the year though.

I think she will struggle here alone which really scares me. She has no idea on a career after leaving school, has no part time job at the moment, and doesn't even know what college course she would want to go into.
Actually, being away from 'bank of mum' may get her thinking about it a lot faster! LOL

I am going to offer her to come back with us for a holiday and see how she feels. Hopefully it will be enough to make her stay once she spends time with family and old friends. Let's hope
Very reasonable decision.And smart to wait in telling her.By then they may not even be an item both having moved on to someone new. I remember that age. Having an outter body experience just seeing that special person(that was mostly her and me to a certain degree). Once your daughter is back in the UK and have met a new guy she will probably forget why Canada was ever important. 18 is that age where everything seems more intense.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
Very reasonable decision.And smart to wait in telling her.By then they may not even be an item both having moved on to someone new. I remember that age. Having an outter body experience just seeing that special person(that was mostly her and me to a certain degree). Once your daughter is back in the UK and have met a new guy she will probably forget why Canada was ever important. 18 is that age where everything seems more intense.
True words spoken.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sorry for not posting, I spilt a glass of water on my laptop and had to save for another one.. anyway back online now.
I finally got rid of my cough last weekend... and the weather has cheered up a lot! It is beautiful in the UK when the sun shines.
My mum is 90 in 2 weeks busy planning her party, then I hope to go back to NH to see my family in the middle of September. I call them my children but yes they are young adults my girls are 20 in August my son was 21 in March.We all miss each other a lot though.. it has not gotten any easier being apart, they certainly have grown up a lot though. I have seen them twice though, they came for 5 weeks, my son was here 4 months and one daughter stayed 3 months.
Still love the pubs and eating out at country pubs and still finding everyone friendly. I have found that the town of leicester ( reason I am here is because my mum lives here and I want to be near her) is very crowded so I dont go so much for shopping etc.
I went to Brighton two weeks ago to visit my sister..gorgeous .. love the south I lived in Bton for many years.
Anyway good luck to all trying to get home.