Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Wish us luck in sellin up...

Wish us luck in sellin up...

Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:42 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wish us luck in sellin up...

Well its time for us to sell up and ship out of good ol US of A and head on back to little ol Blighty...

It seems that we are feeling the credit crunch (well the company is) and they are now umming and arring as to whether they want to re-new our Visa next year due to the cost..

to which my reply was oohhh bollocks to it lets just head on back whilst we've got a year to sort ourselves out and sell everything...and I've got a feeling we're going to need that year.....

We bought the house when our old Company told us "all systems go" on the greencard and that we were far enough into the process where all was OK to stay here....they lied...they had done nothing...(we found this out too late unfortunately)...so we were lucky and managed to moved companies but it also meant that we had to start the GC process from scratch again...

I can honestly say I'm tired of living in "limbo Visa Land"...never really being able to put down roots because the Visa can be taken away from you at any time..(or not renewed)...and we're not far enough into the greencard process for it to make a difference...

We've had some great times in America but America itself has not been kind to us...(rising costs of health Ins and everything)...less and less help from the company...any way I could go on but I'm not..(I really need to start decluttering...)...basically we're no richer than when we came..but we sure are wiser..

So wish us luck in selling our little house here and the two cars...I'm not looking to make a profit....I just want to leave America debt free (if it'll let me)..

oh happy days...
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wish us luck in sellin up...

Good luck Lisa on your move back home. You might want to post in the MBTTUK forum too, if you haven't already, as you get all sorts of great advice on moving back there
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:45 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Well its time for us to sell up and ship out of good ol US of A and head on back to little ol Blighty...

It seems that we are feeling the credit crunch (well the company is) and they are now umming and arring as to whether they want to re-new our Visa next year due to the cost..

to which my reply was oohhh bollocks to it lets just head on back whilst we've got a year to sort ourselves out and sell everything...and I've got a feeling we're going to need that year.....

We bought the house when our old Company told us "all systems go" on the greencard and that we were far enough into the process where all was OK to stay here....they lied...they had done nothing...(we found this out too late unfortunately)...so we were lucky and managed to moved companies but it also meant that we had to start the GC process from scratch again...

I can honestly say I'm tired of living in "limbo Visa Land"...never really being able to put down roots because the Visa can be taken away from you at any time..(or not renewed)...and we're not far enough into the greencard process for it to make a difference...

We've had some great times in America but America itself has not been kind to us...(rising costs of health Ins and everything)...less and less help from the company...any way I could go on but I'm not..(I really need to start decluttering...)...basically we're no richer than when we came..but we sure are wiser..

So wish us luck in selling our little house here and the two cars...I'm not looking to make a profit....I just want to leave America debt free (if it'll let me)..

oh happy days...
Quick buy a house over here they're cheap as chips only thing is it's a sh1t hole
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:46 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move. How long until the GC would be granted?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:48 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Quick buy a house over here they're cheap as chips only thing is it's a sh1t hole
problem is Luv I've got no money...

do you think they'll take brass buttons instead...
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:49 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Good luck Lisa on your move back home. You might want to post in the MBTTUK forum too, if you haven't already, as you get all sorts of great advice on moving back there
Thank you Marmalade...trust me I've been reading all the links these past few weeks..

but your right...I should at least introduce myself on there..
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:50 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

problem is Luv I've got no money...

do you think they'll take brass buttons instead...
Hey if you can get a mortgage your laughing. Thats our problem we can get a mortgage at the moment. We did view a house they knocked off 70k to try and get us to buy it.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:50 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Good luck with the move. How long until the GC would be granted?
roughly 5 years give or take... (we'd only just started the process...I think they've only just finished advertising the job)..
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:54 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by Thydney
Hey if you can get a mortgage your laughing. Thats our problem we can get a mortgage at the moment. We did view a house they knocked off 70k to try and get us to buy it.
bloody hell...hmm..maybe we can try our chance when we're back...although we are looking to go over to Yorkshire...as there's no way in hell I'm bringing my DD up in Salford..the kids at the school would eat her alive..
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you're leaving under such circumstances. At least you've done something that many can only dream about...both living in the US and moving back to the UK. Good luck selling off your belongings...it's something I dread when we downsize.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 17th 2008 at 9:04 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Lisa. We just sold our house in MI, a year after it went on the market and for 1/3 less than we paid for it 4 years ago....swings and roundabouts I guess. It must be exciting though now that you've made the decision and can get started on planning your trip home
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:08 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by lisa67
Good Luck Lisa. We just sold our house in MI, a year after it went on the market and for 1/3 less than we paid for it 4 years ago....swings and roundabouts I guess. It must be exciting though now that you've made the decision and can get started on planning your trip home
oh bugger..well this is why we've made the decision now..that way we've got 12 months to sell..I'm just hoping we at least get what we paid for it...we'll even throw all the furniture in for an added bonus..

but yea..its kinda exciting knowing that "another adventure" is on its way....DD is already asking how long before we go home...bless her...she's never even lived in England..(she was raised here)..culture shock anyone..
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:11 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sorry to hear you're leaving under such circumstances. At least you've done something that many can only dream about...both living in the US and moving back to the UK. Good luck selling off your belongings...it's something I dread when we downsize.
no worries...we'd rather do it now with a 12 month window...rather than waiting for the company to tell us and only giving us 2-3 months notice...this way I can get rid of stuff a little bit each week..

and we're lucky I never really filled the house with belongings....thank god.....anyway...its just another adventure to us..
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

oh happy days...

all the best lisa, hope all works out well
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with everything Lisa, wish I was coming with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.