Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Will I need a Visa to enter UK on Aussie Passport

Will I need a Visa to enter UK on Aussie Passport

Old Jan 18th 2010, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice
Default Will I need a Visa to enter UK on Aussie Passport

I have to return to the UK this week and only hold an Aussie Passport. My UK Passport expired 10 years ago and I have never renewed it.

Having never returned to the UK since arriving here, will I need to obtain a visa to enter the UK on my Australian Passport. I will only be staying for approx 2 weeks in the UK.

Barney
Old Jan 18th 2010, 3:40 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will I need a Visa to enter UK on Aussie Passport

Originally Posted by POW148
Having never returned to the UK since arriving here, will I need to obtain a visa to enter the UK on my Australian Passport.
No.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
No.
Originally Posted by POW148
I have to return to the UK this week and only hold an Aussie Passport. My UK Passport expired 10 years ago and I have never renewed it.

Having never returned to the UK since arriving here, will I need to obtain a visa to enter the UK on my Australian Passport. I will only be staying for approx 2 weeks in the UK.

Barney
Given the length of time it's going to take you to clear the None EU passport holders line, you might want to allow yourself a little more than two weeks for your visit
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:34 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I've always found it quicker than the EU line now since they now check all passports rather than just waving through British Passport holders.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I've always found it quicker than the EU line now since they now check all passports rather than just waving through British Passport holders.
Well there you go I guess that I must have been real unfortunate to spend over forty five minutes in the none EU line, the last three times I've had to transit UK.

Though I have to admit, that on each of these occasions I had arrived on a rather large aircraft with a whole bunch of other people, so maybe I was just unlucky
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Thanks for your help. It is one thing that I wont have to worry about in this mad rush to get back to the UK

After a 25 hour flight, 45 minutes in a queue I can do standing on my head. I will even smile when some "Western Oriental Gentleman" asks me "how long I intend staying in HIS COUNTRY.

Barney
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

The mistake most westerners make is using the same old routes to the UK. QantASS, Cathay, Singapore etc. Trick is to go via an airline that uses Term 1 & 2, such as Asiana or JAL. That way you get a stopover in Korea or Japan and a short queue at the other end because those terminals are pretty run down and shabby, but if you want a fast exit, it's the way to go.

I fly Asiana and only fly BC of FC nowadays so I'm always at the front of the EU queue anyway and don't have to line up with breeders and poor people.

(puts asbestos suit on )
Old Feb 13th 2010, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Hi i arrived back to the UK (to live) on Australian passport due to British one had expired,this was 6th Nov 2009.At Heathrow they were confused but i just showed all my documents eg birth cert,marriage cert.They waved me through.Hubby arrived on 5th Dec and that was a different kettle of fish.He was told he was only Australian and couldnt stay perm????? Not wanting to sound racist here but the guy was apparently talking in broken English.Dh was livid.Woman on other desk was laughing but said everything was in order and he was allowed through.Guess he must have lost his citizenship without us knowing.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 4:29 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
The mistake most westerners make is using the same old routes to the UK. QantASS, Cathay, Singapore etc. Trick is to go via an airline that uses Term 1 & 2, such as Asiana or JAL. That way you get a stopover in Korea or Japan and a short queue at the other end because those terminals are pretty run down and shabby, but if you want a fast exit, it's the way to go.

I fly Asiana and only fly BC of FC nowadays so I'm always at the front of the EU queue anyway and don't have to line up with breeders and poor people.

(puts asbestos suit on )
I can do better than that.

Fly with who ever you like, but ring ahewad and inform them you need wheelchair assistance.
This gets you picked up at the door of the plane, wheeled to one of those buggy things, whistle past all the others trudging along with their bags and when you reach the queues at customs you are diverted to one side to the staff exit. After this the kind man tells you to sit on the buggy whilst he collects my bags for me Only way to fly my friend
Old Feb 14th 2010, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Trick is to go via an airline that uses Term 1 & 2, such as Asiana or JAL.
That would be fine if there was a Terminal 2 at Heathrow - it's in the process of being demolished and rebuilt isn't it?