Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Why would you move back to the UK?

Why would you move back to the UK?

Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:30 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Why would you move back to the UK?

Why would anyone want to move back to the UK?

Apart from missing family and friends............?????
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why would you move back to the UK?

Look further down the page.... there is a thread of 2000+ posts entitled "5 reasons why you want to move back to the UK"

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366320

Read the first 10 pages or so - it's quite sensible to that point and should answer you question.

Are you thinking of moving back to the UK or are you just another one here to tell us a) what a crap hole it is and b) we're stoopid?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:42 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

No, not moving back to the UK.

We are having a fab time here and allways lookig for new adventures and improving our lifestyle.

I find it quite stange that people move to the other side of the world only to find it different to what they had in the UK?????

Anyway, each to there own.

I dont get on here much these days as now but occasionally pop on to see what everyone is up to

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Look further down the page.... there is a thread of 2000+ posts entitled "5 reasons why you want to move back to the UK"

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366320

Read the first 10 pages or so - it's quite sensible to that point and should answer you question.

Are you thinking of moving back to the UK or are you just another one here to tell us a) what a crap hole it is and b) we're stoopid?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

kaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
No, not moving back to the UK.

We are having a fab time here and allways lookig for new adventures and improving our lifestyle.

I find it quite stange that people move to the other side of the world only to find it different to what they had in the UK?????

Anyway, each to there own.

I dont get on here much these days as now but occasionally pop on to see what everyone is up to
For us it's the crap wages and high cost of living here compared to what we had in the UK. It's a nice enough place even if it is a bit behind the times, but nice don't pay our bills. Glad you are enjoying it and having fun.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:09 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Why would anyone want to move back to the UK?

Apart from missing family and friends............?????

To get a better life than I had in Oz. Find that hard to believe well with a baby for the last 18mths in Oz I was lonely at home with a newborn. Here in the UK I have my life back I have babysitters in abundance and I get to have some me time. I have got my confidence back and never felt better.

OK the weather is grime right now and the house is smaller but I can put up with that if it means I get to go out and have a laugh with my mates every now and again. As for the house well at least it is warm and cosy unlike the house we had there. I dont have to wrap myself in a blanket on the sofa to watch TV here in the UK.

Jo
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Theres no such thing as bad weather...only the wrong clothes.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

coz it's home, plain and simple as that
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:30 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Why would someone post a thread asking for why people are moving back who has no intention whatsoever in making that decision or even considering it and is having a 'fab' time ? Just to feel self congratulatory and smug ?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Because its not full of Australians?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:05 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Theres no such thing as bad weather...only the wrong clothes.
True, but it's hard to replace the sun. I will need a portable sun lamp hat to wear if I live in Northern Europe.

(born and raised in a very sunny climate)
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tangram
Why would someone post a thread asking for why people are moving back who has no intention whatsoever in making that decision or even considering it and is having a 'fab' time ? Just to feel self congratulatory and smug ?
Well at least this time that complete tard Bossman isnt around to spew his racist homophobic and frankly dumbass crap.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by snowbunny
True, but it's hard to replace the sun. I will need a portable sun lamp hat to wear if I live in Northern Europe.

(born and raised in a very sunny climate)
Spain is only a short flight away
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:09 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Spain is only a short flight away
Yes, I've reminded myself of Spain, and the south of France and Italy and Greece.

I wish many days of cloud on end didn't depress me, but they do. As to the rest of it, though, I'm mostly an indoors person so makes no difference.... unless of course I have to use public transport.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Yes, I've reminded myself of Spain, and the south of France and Italy and Greece.

I wish many days of cloud on end didn't depress me, but they do. As to the rest of it, though, I'm mostly an indoors person so makes no difference.... unless of course I have to use public transport.
I dont like loads of cloudy days, but to be fair it's only Nov through Feb ...spring summer and autumn tend to be pretty nice on the whole. And those long, warm summers days not getting dark till 10.30-11pm are worth it I think.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:14 pm
Lapine Member

And those long, warm summers days not getting dark till 10.30-11pm are worth it I think.
Especially since it's usually not really *hot*.

(sigh)

Well, I'm looking forward to the autumn/winter/spring here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.