Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Why do so many of us leave Perth?

Wikiposts

Why do so many of us leave Perth?

Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:22 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Why do so many of us leave Perth?

It seems that most people leave Perth, are unhappy in Perth and go back home to UK
Perth to me is very very nice...but, why is it that so many of us on here just want to go home. More than those in Melbourne, Adelaide or Brisbane.

What is so wrong with Perth? i just can't put my finger on it
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:12 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do so many of us leave Perth?

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
It seems that most people leave Perth, are unhappy in Perth and go back home to UK
Perth to me is very very nice...but, why is it that so many of us on here just want to go home. More than those in Melbourne, Adelaide or Brisbane.

What is so wrong with Perth? i just can't put my finger on it
In years gone by I think more people came to Perth so statistically it stands to reason more will want to leave. Perth is very much a quiet city, getting better in my view but very quiet. Not everyone likes that kind of thing. I think if there is more going on in a city people can occupy themselves to try and forget the things they miss from back home. I guess for those who like big city living there isn't enough here to do that.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
In years gone by I think more people came to Perth so statistically it stands to reason more will want to leave. Perth is very much a quiet city, getting better in my view but very quiet. Not everyone likes that kind of thing. I think if there is more going on in a city people can occupy themselves to try and forget the things they miss from back home. I guess for those who like big city living there isn't enough here to do that.
I guess you're right. I was asked this question about Perth and i couldn't answer properly. Even my own reasons were all over the place, i didn't have a main reason...just answered 'because'.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:32 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you're right. I was asked this question about Perth and i couldn't answer properly. Even my own reasons were all over the place, i didn't have a main reason...just answered 'because'.
Just be comfortable now you have made your decision. You don't have to justify why to anyone. Next year will come around quickly, you have light at the end of your tunnel now.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

We've just realised it is too far away from things-weekends away etc. It is a gorgeous place and we feel it has a lot to offer (if you like the natural side of things etc) but we have decided QLD has more to offer.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by melaniee
We've just realised it is too far away from things-weekends away etc. It is a gorgeous place and we feel it has a lot to offer (if you like the natural side of things etc) but we have decided QLD has more to offer.
I know of so many people doing the same thing, going to the east side instead. This just makes me more determined to leave, But my kids just want to go home, so i know i can't do that. Good luck in QLD.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Yeah the removals people have said the same-big influx from Perth to Brisbane (not too many I hope !!!)
Good luck with everything-it is awful when everything is up in the air. I feel after 4 years we have found the place (in QLD) we have been looking for-but it has taken some ping ponging (not to mention money etc) to get there. I am sure it will be worth it....

I know of so many people doing the same thing, going to the east side instead. This just makes me more determined to leave, But my kids just want to go home, so i know i can't do that. Good luck in QLD.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:55 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Yeah the removals people have said the same-big influx from Perth to Brisbane (not too many I hope !!!)
Good luck with everything-it is awful when everything is up in the air. I feel after 4 years we have found the place (in QLD) we have been looking for-but it has taken some ping ponging (not to mention money etc) to get there. I am sure it will be worth it....
I read something yesterday that in 10 years time Brisbane will be the largest city in Australia.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

I have nightmares about the money we have lost, not to mention how backwards we have got ourselves into (at our age things should get easier)..but at the end of the day life's a bitch and as long as your happy, nothing else matters.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know, we have a bigger mortgage than we would have done-but you have to end up being happy-that is a good end result. Don't think about the money.

I have nightmares about the money we have lost, not to mention how backwards we have got ourselves into (at our age things should get easier)..but at the end of the day life's a bitch and as long as your happy, nothing else matters.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:17 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

life is too short to be worrying about the money or time you've lost, besides which you haven't lost it you've just spent it living
i know i have the same concerns but really it's better to cherish what you've got and look forward to where you're going to be
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gedge
life is too short to be worrying about the money or time you've lost, besides which you haven't lost it you've just spent it living
i know i have the same concerns but really it's better to cherish what you've got and look forward to where you're going to be
Oh yes, thats what i'm going to be doing for the next 10 months. And it makes everything better, it really does. I actually enjoy being here now. Hopefully not too much gee, if i started to change my mind the kids would eat me for dinner
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:22 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Oh yes, thats what i'm going to be doing for the next 10 months. And it makes everything better, it really does. I actually enjoy being here now. Hopefully not too much gee, if i started to change my mind the kids would eat me for dinner
They would starve then because there is no meat on you
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:23 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Much better choice than S.A.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
They would starve then because there is no meat on you
i lost even more in UK and i ate for England!!! excuse the pun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.