Why Do people Jump ship?

Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:36 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why Do people Jump ship?

It's funny how many people want to leave Britain because they perceive that's such a bad place to be. It's almost as if they think that it's just the UK that's struggling and that elsewhere is getting it much easier. I know the press are creating such a miserable reality and the weather at the moment is probably making it feel more bleak but the weather here is awful and oppressive plus the news is absolutely miserable.

Despite what anyone else thinks (getting tired of people asking me and telling me now), I am going home because I feel loyal to Britain and I want to help prop it up and help it recover. I have a solid business, self funded, which will create work opportunities and it will be just one of the green shoots of new growth thet help the UK get back on it's feet. I want to be back in England at the worst time so that I can be part of the solution.
The UK does NOT have a problem any worse than anywhere else. The only problem it does have is an attitude that things are so bad that they will never get better and therefore Britain will go to the dogs.
Over my dead body!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:43 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Do people Jump ship?

Hi babe. If you're ever round my way I'd love to meet you!! We'll be the only two positive people in the country

I think the UK has some great places to live, and some real hell holes. But then so do lots of other countries. I can't make up my mind where I want to live, but since I have a well paid job that I like I am happy to stay put for now, and enjoy cheap holidays to France and Italy. Yay!!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:05 pm
AIT
Just Joined

AIT is a jewel in the roughAIT is a jewel in the roughAIT is a jewel in the roughAIT is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cricket1
It's funny how many people want to leave Britain because they perceive that's such a bad place to be. It's almost as if they think that it's just the UK that's struggling and that elsewhere is getting it much easier. I know the press are creating such a miserable reality and the weather at the moment is probably making it feel more bleak but the weather here is awful and oppressive plus the news is absolutely miserable.

Despite what anyone else thinks (getting tired of people asking me and telling me now), I am going home because I feel loyal to Britain and I want to help prop it up and help it recover. I have a solid business, self funded, which will create work opportunities and it will be just one of the green shoots of new growth thet help the UK get back on it's feet. I want to be back in England at the worst time so that I can be part of the solution.
The UK does NOT have a problem any worse than anywhere else. The only problem it does have is an attitude that things are so bad that they will never get better and therefore Britain will go to the dogs.
Over my dead body!
Hear Hear!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:09 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny how many people want to leave Britain because they perceive that's such a bad place to be. It's almost as if they think that it's just the UK that's struggling and that elsewhere is getting it much easier..
Over my dead body!
The people that want to leave the UK are probably by enlarge, the ones that have never lived anywhere else outside it. If some of them think it's bad there, then they should come to the US and see the problems we have here, it's worse. Falling house prices, home repo's, job losses on a massive scale, companies closing and people in debt.
The attitude that things won't get better may be there in Britain with some people, but I was home at Christmas and people weren't fazed by what's happening there, just as the people I talk to everyday over there now still don't seem to be as worried about it as the people I talk to in the US.
Britain isn't going to the dogs, far from it, and neither will it ever. It's our tough fighting spirit of the British people that makes Britain, great.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:12 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
Hi babe. If you're ever round my way I'd love to meet you!! We'll be the only two positive people in the country

I think the UK has some great places to live, and some real hell holes. But then so do lots of other countries. I can't make up my mind where I want to live, but since I have a well paid job that I like I am happy to stay put for now, and enjoy cheap holidays to France and Italy. Yay!!
Only 2 Mmmm Oh i think there is afew more then that.......
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:14 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
Only 2 Mmmm Oh i think there is afew more then that.......
Glad to hear it sans!!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:20 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinfl
The people that want to leave the UK are probably by enlarge, the ones that have never lived anywhere else outside it. If some of them think it's bad there, then they should come to the US and see the problems we have here, it's worse. Falling house prices, home repo's, job losses on a massive scale, companies closing and people in debt.
The attitude that things won't get better may be there in Britain with some people, but I was home at Christmas and people weren't fazed by what's happening there, just as the people I talk to everyday over there now still don't seem to be as worried about it as the people I talk to in the US.
Britain isn't going to the dogs, far from it, and neither will it ever. It's our tough fighting spirit of the British people that makes Britain, great.
Oh sweetie!!! You have so hit that nail on the head Most People are not fazed by whats happening........It may have burst afew bubbles ( shame )

But most of us in our middle yrs Have been there done that 2-3times already and as you say this is Great Britain YAY!!! We are survivors...if theirs no cake, we make yorkshire puddings
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:22 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think people in the UK are starting to switch off to the press and just letting it go over their heads. But there are clearly a lot of people who are very negative about the UK, and yes, I agree, they should try living outside of it to get a more balanced perspective.
It just amazes me that because it's all bit wobbly, instead of helping float their ship, they seem intent on sinking it with their negative advertising. Drives me mad.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:42 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
Oh sweetie!!! You have so hit that nail on the head Most People are not fazed by whats happening........It may have burst afew bubbles ( shame )

But most of us in our middle yrs Have been there done that 2-3times already and as you say this is Great Britain YAY!!! We are survivors...if theirs no cake, we make yorkshire puddings
The bubble bursting is short term, things'll turn around in a while, and everyone in Great Britain knows it

Yeah well, who needs cake, we all love yorkshire puddings!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:45 pm
Banned

The bubble bursting is short term, things'll turn around in a while, and everyone in Great Britain knows it

You can eat yorkshires with jam and icing sugar. That's as good as cake.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:49 pm
Banned

I actually think people in the UK are starting to switch off to the press and just letting it go over their heads. But there are clearly a lot of people who are very negative about the UK, and yes, I agree, they should try living outside of it to get a more balanced perspective.
It just amazes me that because it's all bit wobbly, instead of helping float their ship, they seem intent on sinking it with their negative advertising. Drives me mad.
If you think it's negative advertising there, read the papers or watch tv here.. reality is what it is, but you know what? I don't even look at it.
So we're suffering a recession, so what? People just have to tighten their belts and adapt, and once it starts to pick up things will get better and we can all say "that wasn't too bad". Of course if you're the CEO of GM or Ford right now, you've got a headache and you're worried about losing the $5m a year salary, but for the rest of us it's a case of heads down and keeping on going. Life goes on!
Blame the media, and their negative campaign, when balanced reporting and a slightly more positive outlook is really what's needed. No need for an ostrich syndrome approach, but overkill doesn't do any good either.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:50 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

You know C, my mum use to believe everything that she read in the papers and heard on the radio........but then my mum was brought up in a quiet N/lincolnshire town with Victorian parents.....

And try and tell her that it was mostly hearsay and she'd argue black was blue, because she'd heard it on the news

Lots of brits are quite happy with their day to day, expecially in the towns and villages. I think the restless ones are the city folk, they just live different lives and are more critical........And i dont mean that to be insulting....
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:51 pm
Banned

You can eat yorkshires with jam and icing sugar. That's as good as cake.
Now you're talking!
(actually, serving them up with a bit of gravy and some mashed spuds would do just as well )
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:54 pm
Banned

Now you're talking!
(actually, serving them up with a bit of gravy and some mashed spuds would do just as well )
Forgot the cream! You can have jam, sugar and cream on yorkshires. It is just a pancake batter after all.

And yes, with roast and gravy. YUM.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:55 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

I heard on the news today haha that the unemployment rate was now 1.7 million.............IS THAT ALL

I seem to remember in the 80's... figures of 3 & 4 million unemployed and interest rates at 15%..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.