North West
10.81%
Virgin Atlantic
27.03%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Who do you fly with

Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:24 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who do you fly with

Originally Posted by Titchski
Last trip to the UK was on airmiles with AA, flight was great, the route, slightly less so

Drive to Fort Myers > Plane to Miami > Plane to LHR > Tube to Marylebone > Train to Solihull > Taxi to Mum and Dads > walk to pub

Going back was even better!

Taxi to Birmingham New Street* > Train to Manchester Piccadilly > Train to Heald Green > Pick up by Hotel Shuttle > stay overnight eating pizza and crisps > Hotel shuttle to airport > Plane to Washington DC Dulles > Plane to Miami > Plane to Ft Myers > Drive home

* - I am a very proud Brummie, but New Street Station is a complete shithole.

I'm going with Continental this time (aug 6th - 20th) - I don't really like them all that much, but they fly into Brum direct from Newark, so only 1 change and 1 pick up by Dadcabs (I offered to get the bus, as he's got to go to work after picking me up, but mum was having none of it!)
Last time I flew to Brum was DL via ATL and then to CDG (I HATE CDG) and then Flybee into Brum. I like Flybee.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Correct. Back in '95 I flew from Glasgow to JFK via Rejkavik(sp?) and it was the cheapest ticket by a mile compared with the competition. I believe they are still on the go.
They're still going. They also lease Airbus 330s to BMI, for use on some of their long-haul flights.

BMI were using one on their Manchester - Las Vegas flight, last time I flew out of there.

Jim.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:10 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Last time I flew to Brum was DL via ATL and then to CDG (I HATE CDG) and then Flybee into Brum. I like Flybee.
Best trip for me (not the most direct, but the nicest trip) was United/Lufthansa from Chicago via Frankfurt to Brum.

It was great up until the Bundespolizei at Frankfurt accidentally sent me out of the airport and the security people wouldn't let me back in with my bottle of duty free Laphroig :curse:
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:17 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Best trip for me (not the most direct, but the nicest trip) was United/Lufthansa from Chicago via Frankfurt to Brum.

It was great up until the Bundespolizei at Frankfurt accidentally sent me out of the airport and the security people wouldn't let me back in with my bottle of duty free Laphroig :curse:
FRA is another one of my most disliked airports. DH and I flew LH from ATL then FRA-BHX BUT they cancelled the rtn so had to fly though O'Hare. Sigh.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coopa_troopa
Just for you Jerseygirl......only us Northerners will 'get it' methinks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg
Thank you...I've seen it before but it was fun watching it again.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
KLM is Dutch...I have flown with them a couple of times, not a bad airline.
yeah, I know that, but I thought they had gone under, or were very close to it a few years ago...
Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:30 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
yeah, I know that, but I thought they had gone under, or were very close to it a few years ago...
They were, while the name still exists they and Air France are now joined.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

Originally Posted by lansbury
They were, while the name still exists they and Air France are now joined.

KLM has never been on the edge of going down whatsoever. AIr-France/KLM is a joint venture where Air France is the leading company. KLM however is still a strong brand name as being the oldest airline in the world. Air France/KLM is one of the best performing airline combinations in the world on both economic and environment issues.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:42 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
FRA is another one of my most disliked airports. DH and I flew LH from ATL then FRA-BHX BUT they cancelled the rtn so had to fly though O'Hare. Sigh.
Got a new airport to screw me up now Going back next month for a wedding and going Ft Myers > Newark > Amsterdam > Brum. Another convoluted route, but thanks to my slightly batty, but lovely travel agent sister in law donating her expiring airmiles, the trips going to end up costing me $140.00
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:44 am
Sursum corda

Got a new airport to screw me up now Going back next month for a wedding and going Ft Myers > Newark > Amsterdam > Brum. Another convoluted route, but thanks to my slightly batty, but lovely travel agent sister in law donating her expiring airmiles, the trips going to end up costing me $140.00
Those are the best deals aren't they? Newark is okay, just long layovers and Schipol's nice,
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:41 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by memiek
KLM has never been on the edge of going down whatsoever. AIr-France/KLM is a joint venture where Air France is the leading company. KLM however is still a strong brand name as being the oldest airline in the world. Air France/KLM is one of the best performing airline combinations in the world on both economic and environment issues.
Air France-KLM is an airline holding company incorporated under French law with its headquarters at Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport near Paris, France.

Now that rather looks as if KLM are owned by the French as a wholly owned subsidiary of the French company Air France - KLM.

sorry for some reason this has come out in bold text and it isn't letting me turn if off

Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

RJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really nice

Anyone but Continental. I'd rather be strapped to the back of a Canadian Goose. Have had delays (of at least one day) everytime we used them going through Newark.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:58 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Didn't KLM go bust? They did use to have cheap flights via iceland...
KLM - Royal Dutch Airlines.

that's a clue Bob.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJHayes000
Anyone but Continental. I'd rather be strapped to the back of a Canadian Goose. Have had delays (of at least one day) everytime we used them going through Newark.
I've used them for over 14 years...also from Newark...don't think I've ever been delayed. Oh tell a lie...a year ago a delay of 1 hr leaving Manchester.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

RJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really niceRJHayes000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I've used them for over 14 years...also from Newark...don't think I've ever been delayed. Oh tell a lie...a year ago a delay of 1 hr leaving Manchester.

I'm guessing you probably didn't have to sit on your arse on a plane on the edges of Charleston, SC's South Runway for 3 hours whilst they worked out what to do about all the planes flying about in the sky then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.