Wikiposts

whinge - the update forum

Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: whinge - the update forum

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
There's one in the NZ forum today with 6 smilies and they're in heaven.
How long they been there...2 days lol.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
There's one in the NZ forum today with 6 smilies and they're in heaven.

OMG just read it, infact am making a conscious effor to stay off 10 day updates or 2 weeks in threads, they make me wanna puke
Old Sep 9th 2009, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

sadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Margaret3
God i hate reading the '7 days in the Gold Coast and loving it' or 10 days and Melbourne and so far so good I'd like to kick these people up the arse and say, of course it is u twat!! but give us an honest account six months down the line
Great post.
Having lived in both the Gold Coast and Melbourne, OH and I disliked both and couldn't wait to leave.
I love that you have the balls to come on and say what you think especially as you are still in Melbourne, to be truthful I couldn't be arsed when I lived there to listen to all the godzone crew telling me I was a loser because I didn't LOVE Australia, so I never bothered posting about how backward it all was.

Thought I would just add before the "you are a loser" godzones join in.
Had a successful career in OZ for 2 years 3 months so did OH, left 65K richer than we arrived. Travelled and had numerous holidays in Perth, Tasmania (3 times) Sydney, Adelaide, Cairns, New Zealand and USA all whilst living in OZ.
Saw every memorable thing you are supposed to see, was it enough to keep us there.
YOU MUST BE JOKING !!!
We needed to feel alive so 2 years and 3 months after arriving we came home.
Had I have ever written an update I would have wanted to top myself after it because the only person keeping me in Oz was me. OH always wanted to leave just as I did.
We couldn't wait to emigrate to Oz believe me we both ran to the plane to emigrate with no reservations and couldn't wait to start our new lives in the sunshine ha ha.

Yes we have Oz passports, might as well get something for the years of unhappiness living in the 70's.
Will we ever use them !!!!!!
Not while we still have a brain in our heads and a life to be lived.

Keep the posts up M3 and hopefully you can return in the future, I'll buy you a drink (think you might need it) when you eventually come home.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future

OMG just read it, infact am making a conscious effor to stay off 10 day updates or 2 weeks in threads, they make me wanna puke
oh i really didnt want to make you puke!!!!! yes i am guilty of writing a 2 week update!!!!

funny how things change?? we are only 11 weeks in and i now also cannot stand to read these updates, what has happened to me????
Old Sep 10th 2009, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

vicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant future

God i hate reading the '7 days in the Gold Coast and loving it' or 10 days and Melbourne and so far so good I'd like to kick these people up the arse and say, of course it is u twat!! but give us an honest account six months down the line
6 months here and loving it!!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

5 years here and loving it....

perhaps 'whinging pom' syndrome is most virulent this time of year....
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:11 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been here 18 months, I like it, Im not in the honeymoon period.

Its hard at the moment as husband is off sick because of the car crash but shit happens everywhere - UK/Australia.

I never had any rose tints to begin with. We dont have much money, Im the only one earning, Mr PP might have to have surgery at the end of Sept and I constantly try to think of ways to earn extra cash to keep the house.

So nope, no rose tints for me. We are at a low point but this could have happened anywhere.

I feel sorry for anyone living where they don't want to be and I am pleased for those that love where they live.

But I have learned that happiness has to be taken one day at a time and if someone is posting that they are 'loving it' after a month, Polly is right - dont begrudge them that because none of us know what is around the corner.

Actually the support I have had in Australia along with the medical care Mr PP has received, I am impressed.

Happiness can be snatched at any point so fair play to anyone that dares to hope and dream - if not for a day.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by macadian
5 years here and loving it....

perhaps 'whinging pom' syndrome is most virulent this time of year....
perhaps it is, i respect the six month plus posts,, and good on them for those luvin it, but 10 days or two weeks ehhhhh nooooo i dont think they've quite grasped it
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by vicki78
a whole six months, good for you
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by josie jo
oh i really didnt want to make you puke!!!!! yes i am guilty of writing a 2 week update!!!!

funny how things change?? we are only 11 weeks in and i now also cannot stand to read these updates, what has happened to me????

I truly hope your ok, i found 4 months the hardest time, homesickness kicked in bad, then things got easier again, i admit i am not 100% happy here , but am not 100% unhappy , and things are at the easiest (and happiest), they have been for me, i am hoping this continues, but who knows........................
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

a whole six months, good for you
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Ive been here 18 months, I like it, Im not in the honeymoon period.

Its hard at the moment as husband is off sick because of the car crash but shit happens everywhere - UK/Australia.

I never had any rose tints to begin with. We dont have much money, Im the only one earning, Mr PP might have to have surgery at the end of Sept and I constantly try to think of ways to earn extra cash to keep the house.

So nope, no rose tints for me. We are at a low point but this could have happened anywhere.

I feel sorry for anyone living where they don't want to be and I am pleased for those that love where they live.

But I have learned that happiness has to be taken one day at a time and if someone is posting that they are 'loving it' after a month, Polly is right - dont begrudge them that because none of us know what is around the corner.

Actually the support I have had in Australia along with the medical care Mr PP has received, I am impressed.

Happiness can be snatched at any point so fair play to anyone that dares to hope and dream - if not for a day.

is anybody getting my thread????????? i just dont like the 10 days and two week updates, rose tints, 10 years , people luvin or hating it , doesnt bother me , but the ridiculous 'luvin it , been here 10 days threads' annoy the hell outta me,

Polly is right and i do not begrudge anyone happiness , infact i take exception to being accused of doing so.

I am truly sorry for your predicament and hope things get better quickly. I have no fights with aus, or their health care (well actually i do with the health care,but thats a whole other thread)

Last edited by Margaret3; Sep 10th 2009 at 4:56 am.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vicki78
Seriously, do hope it all works out you. xx

Last edited by stm1971; Sep 10th 2009 at 4:40 am.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

is anybody getting my thread????????? i just dont like the 10 days and two week updates, rose tints, 10 years , people luvin or hating it , doesnt bother me , but the ridiculous 'luvin it , been here 10 days threads' annoy the hell outta me,

I am truly sorry for your predicament and hope things get better quickly. I have no fights with aus, or their health care (well actually i do with the health care,but thats a whole other thread)
Yes, I get where you are coming from Margaret. I have been here 9 years and I'm yet to do an update post.

Maybe I'll do one when I return to the Uk

Last edited by stm1971; Sep 10th 2009 at 4:45 am.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 4:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stm1971
Yes, I get where you are coming from Margaret. I have been here 9 years and I'm yet to do an update post.

Maybe I'll do one when I return to the Uk

9 years and you can still see the humour , thank f for that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.