Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

WHERE TO GO TO FOR A WEEK IN SINGAPORE

WHERE TO GO TO FOR A WEEK IN SINGAPORE

Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice
Default WHERE TO GO TO FOR A WEEK IN SINGAPORE

Hi all

We've booked our flights back to Scotland 22 Sept and are having a stop over in Singapore for a week before we head back.

Can anyone recommend a hotel. We have 2 children, 10 and 7 and would like somewhere busy that caters for kids, swimming pool, etc.

Any suggestions welcome.

Carol x
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice
Default Re: WHERE TO GO TO FOR A WEEK IN SINGAPORE

Hi,
I have stayed at the ymca i know you think of for down and outs but not in singapore its very nice and its close to places. I will be staying there in november and the cost if booked on line is 120 sgd a night.
There is the oxford of middle rd but not so clean last time i stayed but close for the center. oh by the way not the one in orchard rd
http://www.mymca.org.sg/

I would stay there any time
Andrew
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:58 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

We went to Oz via Singapore in 2002 and stayed for 2 nights at the Shangri-La in Orange Road and then had 3 nights on Sentosa Island. The hotels were fantastic, our daughter was three at the time and they were fantastic with her. Very luxurious mind not sure of price now but we got a good deal and I did celebrate my 40th whilst there. They gave me chocolates and a cake

Susan

P.S. Don't forget to visit the zoo, you can do a night visit which is supposed to be great as all the animals are up and about. We sadly didn't have time to do it. Will have to go back for my 50th!!!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolwilk34
Hi all

We've booked our flights back to Scotland 22 Sept and are having a stop over in Singapore for a week before we head back.

Can anyone recommend a hotel. We have 2 children, 10 and 7 and would like somewhere busy that caters for kids, swimming pool, etc.

Any suggestions welcome.

Carol x
Hi Carole, we stoped off on our way back to Aus in Singapore (it was the only we way could get our sons back on the plane to Aus!!) we stayed at the Swiss Hotel Merchant Court, it has an outside swimming pool which has a beachy feel for a City Hotel, it is right next to "Clarke Quay" which has very nice places to eat and is on the river and near the underground system which is VERY safe and VERY easy to use....a day on Sentosa Island and staying for the Lazer show is a must and so is the Night Safari...that REALLY is a must........have a lovely time Carole and I so wish it was us!!!!! were in Perth Canning Vale......West Aus....
Old Jul 16th 2008, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi Carole, we stoped off on our way back to Aus in Singapore (it was the only we way could get our sons back on the plane to Aus!!) we stayed at the Swiss Hotel Merchant Court, it has an outside swimming pool which has a beachy feel for a City Hotel, it is right next to "Clarke Quay" which has very nice places to eat and is on the river and near the underground system which is VERY safe and VERY easy to use....a day on Sentosa Island and staying for the Lazer show is a must and so is the Night Safari...that REALLY is a must........have a lovely time Carole and I so wish it was us!!!!! were in Perth Canning Vale......West Aus....
Hi all, thanks for the suggestions. Do you think you can book a family room???? I've gone and booked us when the grand prix is on !!! So expensive. Anyway, got the York Hotel on Orchard Road so hopefully it will be nice. Can't wait to get home now. Brits1, don't worry you won't be far behind me. Good luck to you all xx
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolwilk34
Hi all, thanks for the suggestions. Do you think you can book a family room???? I've gone and booked us when the grand prix is on !!! So expensive. Anyway, got the York Hotel on Orchard Road so hopefully it will be nice. Can't wait to get home now. Brits1, don't worry you won't be far behind me. Good luck to you all xx
good luck, we had a brilliant time and it feels so safe....my son would love to be going with you as he is a Fomula 1 fan (since he was 2 years old!!!!) so good luck and have a great time....to get to sentosa Island just use the subway and then cable car over to the island, very cheap and easy to get their and the cable car ride is fantastic.....take your swim things as their are some nice beaches and plenty of changing rooms....don't forget the lazer show at night time....it's more than worth the wait and the Night Safari was that good we would definately go again......
All the best
Jackie
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice

I will be in SG myself in November. I love the food and the people in SG. I will goto little india for a good curry and the night zoo too. I love to have a pint of tiger at the boat quey and watch the world go bye.

Hope you have a good time and I wish I could be there for the F1 but not this year maybe next tho.
all the best Firefox