Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Where did you go last weekend...in the UK?

Where did you go last weekend...in the UK?

Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:25 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where did you go last weekend...in the UK?

OK I'm trying to get over my winter blues, so here's another positive UK thread!

Many of us come back to the UK for the diverse and interesting places that it offers, many within easy reach from anywhere. This thread is for those in the UK to say where they went LAST WEEKEND, for the benefit of those thinking of returning or those already here. If you attach photos, say where they were taken.

OK, I get to go first. We (me, wife, daughter and wife's Auntie down from Edinburgh) went to the New Forest - Lepe Country Park and Beaulieu. Photos:
1. Our doggie on Exbury beach, on the Solent
2. Tree at Lepe country park, with Solent and Isle of Wight in background
3. Our little un looking in the window of a little chocolate shop in Beaulieu (yes ladies, that is molten chocolate in those machines...)
Attached Thumbnails Where did you go last weekend...in the UK?-pict0014.jpg   Where did you go last weekend...in the UK?-pict0022.jpg   Where did you go last weekend...in the UK?-pict0039.jpg  

Last edited by ShozInOz; Jan 28th 2007 at 9:27 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where did you go last weekend...in the UK?

Originally Posted by ShozInOz
OK I'm trying to get over my winter blues, so here's another positive UK thread!

Many of us come back to the UK for the diverse and interesting places that it offers, many within easy reach from anywhere. This thread is for those in the UK to say where they went LAST WEEKEND, for the benefit of those thinking of returning or those already here. If you attach photos, say where they were taken.

OK, I get to go first. We (me, wife, daughter and wife's Auntie down from Edinburgh) went to the New Forest - Lepe Country Park and Beaulieu. Photos:
1. Our doggie on Exbury beach, on the Solent
2. Tree at Lepe country park, with Solent and Isle of Wight in background
3. Our little un looking in the window of a little chocolate shop in Beaulieu (yes ladies, that is molten chocolate in those machines...)

we in portsmouth right by theses places, also south downs etc, i dont know how to put pics on. my family arrived back in uk friday and we intend to see more of our area now, especially as my partner not seen much of hampshire. she spent many years in perth and couldnt wait to get out. picked em up in limo and 9yr old son in tears when he saw me. priceless
Old Jan 28th 2007, 10:14 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thunderbird65
we in portsmouth right by theses places, also south downs etc, i dont know how to put pics on. my family arrived back in uk friday and we intend to see more of our area now, especially as my partner not seen much of hampshire. she spent many years in perth and couldnt wait to get out. picked em up in limo and 9yr old son in tears when he saw me. priceless
Oh my, how wonderful - have got tears in my eyes for you now. Enjoy!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

i will check in here for a few days but will probably drift away as we are well over our nightmare life in Perth, eventually we will be living the real life here now and will only remember the good things in Oz. gonna be a bit tough at 1st but to sit here now huddled up together watching the 'fog' doesnt matter to us. we no longer expats we back where we belong. I have been back 11 weeks had every type of weather going inc snow and simply couldnt care less. I love it.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 10:28 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

well it wasnt last weekend but the weekend before - before we flew back home here.

it isnt exactly scenery to die for but spending a morning whizzing round on Southern trains between Chichester, Portsmouth and Ford was my boys idea of heaven! even better than christmas apparantly....
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

eeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to alleeagles is a name known to all

I live in Suffolk and I'm sure my friend's eye is a camera - go for a walk and he ends up with a load of photos! Here are some...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16307008@N00/

Many of places near to where I live, which is where I was last weekend.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:51 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

she spent many years in perth and couldnt wait to get out.
Can understand/relate to that
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:53 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

i will check in here for a few days but will probably drift away as we are well over our nightmare life in Perth, eventually we will be living the real life here now and will only remember the good things in Oz. gonna be a bit tough at 1st but to sit here now huddled up together watching the 'fog' doesnt matter to us. we no longer expats we back where we belong. I have been back 11 weeks had every type of weather going inc snow and simply couldnt care less. I love it.
Best of luck to you guys. You survived Perth, and got out! You're winners
Old Jan 29th 2007, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Can understand/relate to that

Thanx guys for your replies. I gotta always say that Perth is beautiful, but that never paid the bills. My partner spent many years there and when I 1st met her i asked the usual question 'why did she move here'. she told me 15 years ago that it was boring in Perth. I didnt believe it so it is of course my fault we went there to live. .

Never mind, glad i tried it for myself. this time next year we will be back on our feet. took me 4 days to get a job here and thank god we were lucky enough to not have to sell our house to move to Oz.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:27 am
Jedi Princess

i dont know how to put pics on.
You have to click on the attachments icon and then browse and upload from your pc file.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

All the best I . It is amazing really, you don't realise what you had until it wasn't there anymore Just don't listen to all negative reports about the UK. I think that's how the whole immigration things start.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:24 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Please keep in touch. It's always good to hear how others who have lived here are dealing with life back home.Good luck to you all.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:25 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eeagles
I live in Suffolk and I'm sure my friend's eye is a camera - go for a walk and he ends up with a load of photos! Here are some...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16307008@N00/

Many of places near to where I live, which is where I was last weekend.
Lovely photo's....Suffolk is a nice place.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
You have to click on the attachments icon and then browse and upload from your pc file.

hope these come on. the first 2 are of the pond opposite my house and others off the seafront at portsmouth. the galleon is used in the filming of hornblower
Attached Thumbnails Where did you go last weekend...in the UK?-dscn0049.jpg   Where did you go last weekend...in the UK?-dscn0048.jpg   Where did you go last weekend...in the UK?-dscn0303.jpg   Where did you go last weekend...in the UK?-dscn0304.jpg  
Old Jan 31st 2007, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

hope these come on. the first 2 are of the pond opposite my house and others off the seafront at portsmouth. the galleon is used in the filming of hornblower
Oh, now your making me homesick! Not really, but I loved living in Portsmouth. Is that Baffins? I used to work near Gunwharf so saw the ships every day.
Great place to live isn't it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.