Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Where to actually look for jobs?

Where to actually look for jobs?

Old Mar 30th 2016, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to actually look for jobs?

OK, so the last job I had in the UK was being hired on after my Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship by the company with whom I served my time.

I got that original apprenticeship through an advert in the local paper.

Previous to that, I was a checkout assistant in a pharmacy, and I got that job because my mums best friend worked there.

So it occurred to me that other than looking in the paper (sort of difficult from 5000 miles across the Atlantic) that I had no idea where employers usually advertised these days.

I have been looking on S1jobs.com and Indeed.co.uk, but other than that I'm pretty stumped.

Anyone have some suggestions? Looking at staying in the mechanical engineering sector, but also have varying experience with power generation and diesel stuff
Old Mar 30th 2016, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to actually look for jobs?

Indeed are one of the better options. But, in google, type "google uk" and open the UK version of google. Now, when you search for jobs it will bring up more UK sites
Old Mar 30th 2016, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one site
Mechanical Engineer Jobs - Engineering Sector | Jobsite, UK
and here's another
Mechanical Engineering Jobs & Vacancies | The Engineer

a 10 second google for "mechanical engineer jobs UK" brings up a few pages.
hope it's of some use as we don't know what qualifications etc you have.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 8:01 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Job Search | Monster Job Site | Find Better | Monster.co.uk
Jobs and Recruitment on reed.co.uk, the UK's #1 job site
Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed
Job Search - Find UK jobs with UK job site CV-Library.co.uk
https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/JobSearch/Browse.aspx
Ds found his first by looking at individual company websites. With the one he has now, he registered his CV with a couple of recruiters who did a great job, the one who found him the job still contacts him now and then to make sure he's still there and to see if he wants to move yet.
He was sent the job info in about 30 minutes after registering, and went on interviews to three places, and was offered 2.
I can ask him which recruitment site if you like.
I look on https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/ for the ones I've interviewed for.