Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

When are you going home then??

When are you going home then??

Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:06 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When are you going home then??

Just wondering, out of curiosity, when do you guys reckon you'll be going home?

We'll be there 6 weeks today. How about you lot???
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:40 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When are you going home then??

lucky you tracey, but i know you've waited a looooooonnnnnng time.

We will be free to leave dec09, but are planning march10, as its a sensible time to return ,(but still a bit undecided if we will wait till then), to do with college courses etc, also helps spring will be in the air, i know its superficial, but a scottish winter STILL holds no appeal for me.

Last edited by Margaret3; Aug 29th 2008 at 11:02 am.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

I can't go til Feb 09 and like Mags the idea of a Scottish winter, esp coming from Aus summer will be a shock to the system. Still at least where I'm going has insulation, double glazing and central heating, unlike my big Aussie barn/crypt.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully end of October, at worst end of November.

Less than 100 days to go.

Pete
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Urgh. I'm going to estimate 575 days. But they'll go quicker the busier I am!
It seems like a lifetime right now, but I just have to keep my chin up and keep crossing things off the list

Good luck to all of you going sooner! I hope everything works out well!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

dannismith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrMuffin
Urgh. I'm going to estimate 575 days. But they'll go quicker the busier I am!
It seems like a lifetime right now, but I just have to keep my chin up and keep crossing things off the list

Good luck to all of you going sooner! I hope everything works out well!
I leave a week today!!!!! Can't wait but unfortunately my other half is not following until Dec and the kitty cat not till 8th Jan!!!!! At least we will be a family in Jan and also look forward to our new arrival, my due date is Jan 21st!!!!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW

Wednesday I will be in England. HA! and boo sucks to you.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Emma I am green with envy!

Does everyone know about this website?
timeanddate.com

You can set up a customised counter which tells you in months/weeks/days/minutes/seconds how long before you go back?

Mine is too far away though, so I am getting on with things here, still have a few fave places in Aus that I want to say goodbye to as well, before I go
Old Aug 30th 2008, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

bithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nice

Hopefully going back around march 2009....ticking things off the list slowly but surely.....
still scared a bit sh**less though as have been away since 1987....but all the kids have moved back ....parents and siblings moved back and we are here alone....scary thought ....
just hope hubby can find a job when he arrives as he is of the old "I have to provide for you" school of thinking....silly duffer I have to work here anyway so will gladly work back in UK.....
Old Aug 30th 2008, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bithbheo
Hopefully going back around march 2009....ticking things off the list slowly but surely.....
still scared a bit sh**less though as have been away since 1987....but all the kids have moved back ....parents and siblings moved back and we are here alone....scary thought ....
just hope hubby can find a job when he arrives as he is of the old "I have to provide for you" school of thinking....silly duffer I have to work here anyway so will gladly work back in UK.....
I'm a 1987er too!!!

I was planning on going back this year, but have delayed it one more year so I can get my US citizenship before leaving. Makes me feel more secure about my move. It will probably be around June 2009.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW

Good luck Tracey,
Nearly there. 6 weeks will just fly by

Originally Posted by Emma M
Wow, you lucky thing. I've been following your story, and know how much you had wanted to get back. Good luck
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:28 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emma M

back at ya!!!

Hope it all goes well for you back there.

As for the others, there's a light at the end of the tunnel, it might be a bit of a long tunnel, but there's a glimmer!!
Old Aug 30th 2008, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light

Were out of the desert(OZ) 13 of November and counting.

We originally had our flights booked in Oct but changed them to nov because I didn't have a job and house wasn't even built yet,but I got a job two days ago and house is looking to be complete in three weeks time.

High fiving the invisible man as I type.

I can apply for citizenship in Oct but choosing not to.
Reason: My wife and I hate this place and don't ever want to come back here and hope and pray my daughter never wants to return to this under par under achieving boring dull,lifeless crap hole that is Australia.

Still not looking forward to working outside in a Scottish winter,but looking forward to a good Scottish Christmas and Hogmany.

Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:19 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future

As soon as possible. I hate this place. No curry houses, rotten beer, people cant hold drink sucks. better be out with me m8s havin fun all about money big house big cars canada not for me alway be wythenshawe lad
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dukie
As soon as possible. I hate this place. No curry houses, rotten beer, people cant hold drink sucks. better be out with me m8s havin fun all about money big house big cars canada not for me alway be wythenshawe lad
Hi Dukie,
Where's Wythenshawe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.