What's Britain got?

Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:20 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What's Britain got?

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yep, it's spectacular. My best part was on the road from Queensbury to Thornton right at the top the view was breathtaking. You could see for miles and miles.
Beautiful Wendy. Did you ever go to Ogden water?

Deer, swooping kestrels, sweeping hillsides, farms and drystone walls.

Lovely
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:21 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louise4
Funny. when we came home all i wanted to do was go back to where we lived before we emigrated. Hubby would have given somewhere else a go but i just craved the absolute familiarty of 'home'.

I think people are very brave to go somewhere different when they return. shows they aren't frightened of change at all and it was the country as a whole they didn't like.
Sort of puts a stop to the cry of 'you didn't try hard enough to adapt' don't you think
very true...also being a down to earth Yorkshire lass with crazy personality i find the Ozzies misunderstand me ..but i have now found solice with some crazy Scoucers... let the journey begin!!
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
York is nice and quite posh!!! me! i prefer Leeds! Harrogate very posh too..ladedadeda

Leeds is far too busy for me. I prefer it a bit quieter
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Beautiful Wendy. Did you ever go to Ogden water?

Deer, swooping kestrels, sweeping hillsides, farms and drystone walls.

Lovely

Yes but it was a long time ago when I was little.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:29 am
Account Closed

Yes but it was a long time ago when I was little.
Bluddy hell...you only lived up't road

What about top of Thornton towards wraggles..going towards Howarth
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluddy hell...you only lived up't road

What about top of Thornton towards wraggles..going towards Howarth

I used to live in Denholme. Our house looked out towards Thornton, lovely waking up to that view every morning. The only downside to living there was that it was a tiny back to back with only one room downstairs, one bedroom and the bathroom on the next floor, and an attic bedroom.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:40 am
Account Closed

I used to live in Denholme. Our house looked out towards Thornton, lovely waking up to that view every morning. The only downside to living there was that it was a tiny back to back with only one room downstairs, one bedroom and the bathroom on the next floor, and an attic bedroom.
Ahh lovely place, lovely view

Are thee Catherine Cookson
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ahh lovely place, lovely view

Are thee Catherine Cookson

No, but I wish I had her money
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:00 am
Account Closed

No, but I wish I had her money
Aye...she could only dweeam of living in a two up / two down int Dales
Old Nov 13th 2006, 11:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Britain has the Pennines to keep those looney women above me out of the best part of the North
Old Nov 13th 2006, 11:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
Britain has the Pennines to keep those looney women above me out of the best part of the North
LOL....I wondered when you'd pop up

OK..I'll give you that

The Pennines are a lovely part of the world too
Old Nov 13th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhh I can't wait.
I think that we will all take it a little less for granted.

Whisky
Old Nov 13th 2006, 11:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by whisky
Ohhhh I can't wait.
I think that we will all take it a little less for granted.

Whisky
LOL....whisky...us lot are staying in Aus m8

None the less, good luck on your return to UK if that's where you're heading
Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond reputesinope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise4
The next time you get asked whats the uk got that oz hasn't here's 50 things to be going on with hehehehe
Errmm, cricket? Australia are currently ranked no.1 in the world for both test and ODI cricket. 79% of Australians speak English and Australia also has newspapers and democracy. Maybe your list should be 46 things that UK has and Oz doesn't?
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
My Mum's on about moving up to Yorkshire. She lives in Herefordshire at the moment and she said the other night "Trace, you think Herefordshire is beautiful? You wait until you see Yorkshire" She has fallen in love with the place hook, line and sinker!
My grandparents live in Herefordshire

The Wye Valley at Ross on Wye and down the A40 to Symonds Yat:

http://www.wyenot.com/symondsyat.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.