Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Whate Are U All Doing On Xmas Day?

Whate Are U All Doing On Xmas Day?

Old Dec 13th 2008, 12:45 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whate Are U All Doing On Xmas Day?

We'll be celebrating that we only have 12 days left in Perth!

Probably packing, finishing the bits of half empty Gin, Barcardi etc as we can't take them back with and watching the videos my family have sent of Eastenders, Spooks, Gavin and Stacey and Jack Dee etc.

Can't decide whether to have lunch on the beach or a roast.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 12:51 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Whate Are U All Doing On Xmas Day?

Originally Posted by deborahjane
We'll be celebrating that we only have 12 days left in Perth!

Probably packing, finishing the bits of half empty Gin, Barcardi etc as we can't take them back with and watching the videos my family have sent of Eastenders, Spooks, Gavin and Stacey and Jack Dee etc.

Can't decide whether to have lunch on the beach or a roast.
OH wanted to spend Xmas morning on the beach, but the kids were having none of it. I can't think of anything worse lol.
So we will be doing the opening of presents and heading down to my mates for Xmas dinner. Nice of them to invite us.

Can't shake off missing UK Xmas.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 12:53 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure yet. Like you, it will be our last here. Usually OH works all over christmas and i just pretend it isnt happening, but it appears he is off this year, so not sure what to do.
We will probably find a restaurant to go to seeing as we dont have kids to cater for. Might nip down the beach and sit for a while. I would go for a walk, but i cant due to illness.
Then I will set up the webcam so i can watch the grandchildren in UK open their prezzies when they get up. Thats my favourite bit!!

We definitely going to the fireworks here in Sydney on NYE. We usually get a grandstand seat outside the Opera House. Best place to see them as you are that close the bangs vibrate throughout your body. Its sensational. One of the few things i will miss when we leave.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Nathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really nice

may be working not too sure yet... not that Im really that bothered as the pay will be good . Having Christmas meal in the late afternoon/evening. Plus glad it's the last one here
Old Dec 13th 2008, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Me OH & Children leave Perth on the 24th and arrive in Kuala Lumpur, where we will spend 5 days relaxing & Shopping, then fly home and arrive at Heathrow airport on 30th Dec ready for New years eve with family & friends I just can't wait.

New Year New Start.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 4:51 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be in the kitchen cooking.
Turkey, Ham, and all the fixings. Then I'll eat too much and complain about it and watch too much TV.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 6:13 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

First Christmas in 5 years I won't be working (I'm on standby so fingers crossed). I get to BBQ lunch and then take the family sailing if the weather is OK.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 7:45 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

We are either having an ozzie xmas dinner out the back ( cold meats, seafood, salads etc ) if the weather is to be good, OR we might go out to a restaurant this year.
Like all of you guys, this is also our last xmas here in Oz and like Nushooz I wish I was home for a UK xmas especially as I've just found out today that my brother is ill. Puts a whole different spin on living overseas far away from the people you really care about.

*pearly*
Old Dec 13th 2008, 9:09 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be visiting my brother and his wife in Dubai. he always makes a great Christmas dinner, had years of practice in how to cook a perfect turkey and trimmings. Then I will go sit outside in the sunshine and take a post-prandial nap.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 9:24 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

This is my first UK Christmas in 5 years, and I'll be spending it noisily with OH and daughter in our tiny cottage in rural West Sussex, probably cheating at UNO or Monopoly and arguing over who has had more of the Purple Ones out of the Quality Street tin.......should I tell 'em I've already eaten some? We sometimes have bubble blowing contests but you have to use Hubba Bubba gum and I haven't found any yet, and if all else fails it'll be a walk in the woods. Either way, we'll have a spiffing time!
Oh - and food? Roast beef for Mr O and veggie pie for daughter and me..........all the obligatory bits n pieces, of course.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 3:13 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

I'm flying to London on Christmas day to spend the week with my folks and my son. Can't wait.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Well depending on what happens in the next 48hrs with the apartments I've applied for on the weekend, I'll either be having Xmas dinner at my sister's house (pictured) with the family and seeing Mrs Triboy on the way through in Korea this coming Friday

OR

running around still trying to find a place to live and spending Xmas alone in Sydney
Old Dec 14th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Eating,drinking ,giving presents and sex
Old Dec 14th 2008, 9:04 am
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

This is my first Christmas since returning, but I have spent a few Christmasses here over the years. But this'll be the first time I've spent Christmas Day at my mother's place in Devon for 30-odd years -- and it'll be a houseful! At best count, I think there will be about 13 of us there (3 brothers and their wives and kids, plus mother and me).

To be honest though, I'd just as soon spend the day on my own. I find it all rather stressful . . . .
Old Dec 14th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed
I'm flying to London on Christmas day to spend the week with my folks and my son. Can't wait.
Have a great time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.