Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What are you looking forward to back home?

Wikiposts

What are you looking forward to back home?

Old Feb 19th 2011, 3:37 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you looking forward to back home?

Originally Posted by kmthor
ok so what will be the first English food\sweet item you will eat ..

sainsberies pork pie? scots eggs ? black pud?? oooowww sooooooo many to chioce from
A pastie from Greggs and a fresh cream chocolate eclair, a packet of Quavers, a chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle..........sssoooooo much eating to be done
Old Feb 19th 2011, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Yes I think so, I go on the Australia Barbie forum and I just wish it could be so easy for me, you know just to LOVE living here or at least understand how they are feeling about the place, but I just can't, it would have made my (your?) life easier if I could.....
I no longer go on the Canada forum or even look at it as I just feel alienated from all those who think Canada is the bees knees especially those just off the plane. The few times I've ventured over it feels quite unfriendly and at times downright hostile towards those who are less than happy with all things Canadian and when I'm already feeling low it just makes me feel even worse.
It feels much friendlier over here on MBTTUK
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:01 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bettyboo67
I no longer go on the Canada forum or even look at it as I just feel alienated from all those who think Canada is the bees knees especially those just off the plane. The few times I've ventured over it feels quite unfriendly and at times downright hostile towards those who are less than happy with all things Canadian and when I'm already feeling low it just makes me feel even worse.
It feels much friendlier over here on MBTTUK
to be honest id agree with you.. i do go to the Astralian and New Zealand thread just to see whats going on but i find some people hear have a more realistic look on life..
i have found with a few forums not just this one that if you disagree with some of the members with few posts under there belt your opinion means nothing..

although i have no intention of going back to the UK any time soon i do realy enjoy the stories of the mother land and great to hear how people going in the UK on this thread

just watch out for ankle biters... but there common on every forum

Last edited by kmthor; Feb 19th 2011 at 6:03 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:04 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

a packet of Quavers
what are these??? i dont remember them
Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light

I do agree with the consensus of 'hostility' on the Canadian Forum if things arnt 'Rosey'! I have managed to get a way with a bit on there without being chastized! Good luck to all.

Really fancy a sausage roll from the bakery and some Cadburys Chocolate buttons ......................
Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:49 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

A pastie from Greggs and a fresh cream chocolate eclair, a packet of Quavers, a chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle..........sssoooooo much eating to be done

You are so brave returning to the UK after so long...and on your own. I wish you luck
Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:50 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmthor
what are these??? i dont remember them
Cheesy curly crisps...yummy!
Old Feb 20th 2011, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sammypeeps
I do agree with the consensus of 'hostility' on the Canadian Forum if things arnt 'Rosey'! I have managed to get a way with a bit on there without being chastized! Good luck to all.

Really fancy a sausage roll from the bakery and some Cadburys Chocolate buttons ......................
Don't you think most of them that stick up for Canada are bull crappers!!!!! I have spoke to tons of Brits over here and they all say right off the bat,"its great blah blah blah" then we tell them we are going back and the story reverses.They say "well given half the chance i would be on the next plane to the UK too". I think they think that they are FAILURES by going back,and they hide it under their belts until the time is right lol
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Cheesy curly crisps...yummy!
Mmmmmm Walkers cheese and onion or pickled onion,or chicken or chesse crisps ....the list goes on.Monster munch mmmmm!
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:02 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Fish and chips and a real British Twix. I'm pretty easy to please
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh yeah Fish and chips are on the top of my list too aswell as Indian curries,a good chinease meal,a doner kebab lol. Cadbury's flake and galaxy
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Ha Ha saw "Gordon Ramsey" on tv last night and he was in Blackpool of all places.We were just talking about Blackpool earlier in the day !!!!!! but so great to even see it on tv.I know its run down now and a bit of a dive,but hey it brought back good memories of the UK.I know we would still love to go for a day out too !!!! cant beat the UK
Old Feb 20th 2011, 7:59 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
Ha Ha saw "Gordon Ramsey" on tv last night and he was in Blackpool of all places.We were just talking about Blackpool earlier in the day !!!!!! but so great to even see it on tv.I know its run down now and a bit of a dive,but hey it brought back good memories of the UK.I know we would still love to go for a day out too !!!! cant beat the UK
Yes Blackpool is run down and a bit on the seedy side, but such great memories, I will try to make it for the lights this year.

I remember as a kid going there on a charra (charabanc) for the lights soooooo long ago.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 8:38 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Blackpool is run down and a bit on the seedy side, but such great memories, I will try to make it for the lights this year.

I remember as a kid going there on a charra (charabanc) for the lights soooooo long ago.
When we were there in 09 they had done a lot of work on the front, they started at both ends by the look of it, so there was just a bit in the middle to be done, it looked really good. We went shopping while the boys went to pleasure beach, and they were even doing the pedestrian area, all new brick floor it looked great, of course stray in a few streets and it's a bit dingy, but we had fun, and we had a Marks and Spencer afternoon tea for two it was to die for.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 8:45 am
Home Sweet Home

Charabanc meaning.

The charabanc is most closely associated with outings organized by employers, especially employers of the lower classes. By all accounts, some charabanc rides got rather rowdy, with employees taking advantage of the liberation from work to get sauced on alcohol and eat large volumes of food. Generally, a charabanc took people on a sight seeing tour, usually ending at a destination such as the fair or the beach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.