Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What are you looking forward to back home?

Wikiposts

What are you looking forward to back home?

Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:49 pm
sjz
Forum Regular

sjz is just really nicesjz is just really nicesjz is just really nicesjz is just really nicesjz is just really nicesjz is just really nicesjz is just really nicesjz is just really nice
Default Re: What are you looking forward to back home?

Originally Posted by Sammypeeps
Not my mother in law!!! Apparantly after not having much to say at the weekend when told we would be returning. She has just called my husband to tell him what a disappointment he is and how could he possibly want to leave our beautiful house and access to the ski-hill, that he has never stuck with anything (we have been married 6 years) and that we will be returning to a life in a hole given the current state of England. Plus what on earth will she tell her friends. Still in shock, how pathetic and selfish.

I know this is not related to the thread - but needed to rant!!!
Tell her to stop living her life through her son, stand well clear...
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:02 pm
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

Not my mother in law!!! Apparantly after not having much to say at the weekend when told we would be returning. She has just called my husband to tell him what a disappointment he is and how could he possibly want to leave our beautiful house and access to the ski-hill, that he has never stuck with anything (we have been married 6 years) and that we will be returning to a life in a hole given the current state of England. Plus what on earth will she tell her friends. Still in shock, how pathetic and selfish.

OMG do we share a mother in law? That's exactly the reaction we've had! We've now decided not to say anything to her and let her believe we still want to stay here and give her a nice old shock in the summer!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:29 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah right cause it's all about her Who cares what her friends will think it's not their life. How rude. So I gather you won't be staying with her when you arrive
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light

I have since spoken to the Monster Mother-in law, set her straight on a few things. She actually had the ordasity to say that we couldnt stay with her as she couldnt afford to look after us - as if we have decided to leave our home and life in Canada to live with her!!! We dont even intend to go back to the same county, as we want to explore England!!

Anyhow, I suppose in a way we were expecting some back lash!

Thanks for your support guys!!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:41 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

I have since spoken to the Monster Mother-in law, set her straight on a few things. She actually had the ordasity to say that we couldnt stay with her as she couldnt afford to look after us
You could always play to her idiocy and turn up on the step one day with a suitcase each, looking bedraggled.

How strange some people are.

But it's a crying shame how many people in Britain are convinced everything's dire and that life in places like Canada and Australia is heaven on earth. It's a sickness.

Bev
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light

You are so right Bev!! I too had that sickness but am now cured
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

MNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really nice

I still appreciate the seasons in the UK. even though I returned years ago, having lived in the desert in the USA. Saw my first daffodil out today and snowdrops are everywhere. I love the first signs of spring
Old Feb 18th 2011, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

mrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MNandMN
I still appreciate the seasons in the UK. even though I returned years ago, having lived in the desert in the USA. Saw my first daffodil out today and snowdrops are everywhere. I love the first signs of spring
and another few weeks the bluebells. We are looking forward to all this when we go home next month. We are too living in the desert.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I was just saying this to somebody the other day, that I haven't once laughed like this since I came back here last year, not once.
No, me neither, unless you count the chortles when I watch "As Time Goes By" - but nothing with real people
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:51 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
No, me neither, unless you count the chortles when I watch "As Time Goes By" - but nothing with real people
Isn't that just sad Quoll, that you/me/we are basically living half lives?
Old Feb 19th 2011, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Laura_Jayne is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking forward to being able to buy pork and alcohol any time and place I feel like it. I miss bacon sandwiches! Cornish pasties too.

Music concerts, good radio, a decent level of customer service, people actually knowing what they're doing (most of the time). Do I sound bitter? Hehe.

Just beautiful, old, modern, wonderful England. 3 months and counting!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:09 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laura_Jayne
I'm looking forward to being able to buy pork and alcohol any time and place I feel like it. I miss bacon sandwiches! Cornish pasties too.

Music concerts, good radio, a decent level of customer service, people actually knowing what they're doing (most of the time). Do I sound bitter? Hehe.

Just beautiful, old, modern, wonderful England. 3 months and counting!
I thought What? Till I noticed your location So bacon butties and a bottle of wine at your place then.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

bettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Isn't that just sad Quoll, that you/me/we are basically living half lives?
How funny, I just said to my OH the other day that I feel like I'm living half a life here. Are you me living in Australia in some kind of parallel universe??
Old Feb 19th 2011, 8:01 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bettyboo67
How funny, I just said to my OH the other day that I feel like I'm living half a life here. Are you me living in Australia in some kind of parallel universe??
Yes I think so, I go on the Australia Barbie forum and I just wish it could be so easy for me, you know just to LOVE living here or at least understand how they are feeling about the place, but I just can't, it would have made my (your?) life easier if I could.....
Old Feb 19th 2011, 3:24 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

ok so what will be the first English food\sweet item you will eat ..

sainsberies pork pie? scots eggs ? black pud?? oooowww sooooooo many to chioce from

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.