Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

what will you miss when you leave ?

what will you miss when you leave ?

Old Dec 24th 2006, 7:55 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold
Default what will you miss when you leave ?

i think for most of us here we will eventually leave australia ,but surely even after a short amount of time australia will have made its mark and there will be something you will miss .For me it would be the travelling i have done here and some of the wildlife i have been fortunate to see .I shall miss the Galahs eating my almond tree nuts and i shall miss the the cheeky antics of the magpies and the beautiful choruses of the kookaburras and the beautiful purple lined jacaranda treed street i live in .
Old Dec 24th 2006, 8:58 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what will you miss when you leave ?

Originally Posted by sassenach
i think for most of us here we will eventually leave australia ,but surely even after a short amount of time australia will have made its mark and there will be something you will miss .For me it would be the travelling i have done here and some of the wildlife i have been fortunate to see .I shall miss the Galahs eating my almond tree nuts and i shall miss the the cheeky antics of the magpies and the beautiful choruses of the kookaburras and the beautiful purple lined jacaranda treed street i live in .
That's a tough one.. Give me some time to think some up..... Come back in a few weeks!
Old Dec 24th 2006, 9:02 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
Well, I've no plans to go... Not saying never and all that, but right now it suits me just fine...
Old Dec 24th 2006, 9:04 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
That's a tough one.. Give me some time to think some up..... Come back in a few weeks!
LOL, I was thinking exactly the same thing...I kid you not. But I do notice that Sass will mainly miss the variety of wildlife and plants etc, and that does make sense to me as a part of us feels calmer, more serene and more at peace when we are surrounded by such things
Old Dec 24th 2006, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

I am back already and I miss the big blue skies that go for miles with not a cloud in sight, the feel of warmth on your face and not feeling chilled to the bone I miss being able to wake up in the morning and throw on a pair of shorts and a t shirt, not having to worry if the kids have enough layers on!

Sitting in my back garden in the evening after the kids have gone to bed, having a beer and chatting to my husband.

The variety of south east asian food as I love cooking and eating

My friends.

The free time we had together as a family.

Not having to worry who we offend by not visiting them and having keep everyone happy over Xmas time, we are just finding all that difficult to get used to as we have become very selfish and always just suited ourselves!

The list is endless.......................unfortunately you dont realise it until it is gone.

Merry Xmas everyone and a very happy new year where ever you are
Old Dec 24th 2006, 9:59 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

The wonderful friends I have made.

The ocean.

Erm...that's about it really!
Old Dec 24th 2006, 10:03 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
The wonderful friends I have made.

The ocean.

Erm...that's about it really!
The UK has an ocean and it goes all the way around just like the one here does. Also the only thing in it that will kill you is the lesser spotted hypothermia.

Thinking about it….I miss the caves on the beaches in the UK. I’ve not seen a cave here yet.

Still trying to think of something……
Old Dec 25th 2006, 7:34 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

I won't miss a thing, not one. There are things that I've been glad to have discovered in Oz, like my competitive edge and the value of being (and how to be) fit and active and involved in triathlon and cycling.

But I won't miss anything at all. (maybe the ease of accessing Asian food, that's about it.
Old Dec 25th 2006, 8:31 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

The UK has an ocean and it goes all the way around just like the one here does. Also the only thing in it that will kill you is the lesser spotted hypothermia.

Thinking about it….I miss the caves on the beaches in the UK. I’ve not seen a cave here yet.

Still trying to think of something……
Theres plenty of caves along the beaches in OZ you just need to go to the ones with rocky cliffs, theres plenty along the Great ocean road around the 12 Apostles, up to Portland, Bridgewater Bay in Victoria. Theres also plenty along t he ruggard coatline of Tasmania. l've seen coastal caves with seals in them at Kangaroo Island south AUstralia and in Victoria. l don't think there would be many where you live along The north NSW, QLD beaches are mainly flat sandy beaches not coastal cliffs.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Dec 25th 2006 at 8:36 am.
Old Dec 25th 2006, 11:12 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Theres plenty of caves along the beaches in OZ you just need to go to the ones with rocky cliffs, theres plenty along the Great ocean road around the 12 Apostles, up to Portland, Bridgewater Bay in Victoria. Theres also plenty along t he ruggard coatline of Tasmania. l've seen coastal caves with seals in them at Kangaroo Island south AUstralia and in Victoria. l don't think there would be many where you live along The north NSW, QLD beaches are mainly flat sandy beaches not coastal cliffs.
Thanks, I'll pack some sandwiches and a flask for the 2 day journey to go and visit them. You're right, here they are all boring, flat and characterless. But it's a bit far to go for a day out to visit a good one.
Old Dec 25th 2006, 11:22 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
The north NSW, QLD beaches are mainly flat sandy beaches not coastal cliffs.

Seal Rocks?
Old Dec 25th 2006, 11:41 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by iPom
Seal Rocks?
Miles away.
Old Dec 25th 2006, 11:49 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Miles away.

Be a devil, take a weekend and go away. You know you want to.
Old Dec 25th 2006, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
Seal Rocks?
Is that a critique on the artist Seal?.

But we're never gonna survive, unless...
We get a little crazy
No we're never gonna survive, unless
We are a little crazy...

Seems rather appropriate....
Old Dec 25th 2006, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet fanny addams.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.