What to see in Leeds??

Old Jul 6th 2008, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default What to see in Leeds??

OH and I are thinking about a day trip down to Leeds (from Glasgow) because I want to go to a particular shop that is there. I don't want to waste a trip just by going to a particular shop, so what else is there to do/see in Leeds? All of our little travel guides are for Scotland, so haven't a clue for England.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 4:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to see in Leeds??

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
OH and I are thinking about a day trip down to Leeds (from Glasgow) because I want to go to a particular shop that is there. I don't want to waste a trip just by going to a particular shop, so what else is there to do/see in Leeds? All of our little travel guides are for Scotland, so haven't a clue for England.
Doom and Gloom
Old Jul 6th 2008, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Doom and Gloom
Could you elaborate?
Old Jul 6th 2008, 4:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Could you elaborate?
Just another depressing northern town
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Just one day in Leeds? Well there's the Royal Armouries Museum that's pretty cool if you like history. My MIL and SIL did the medical museum (can't think of the name) pretty interesting and a tad bit gory they said. Outside of Leeds is better, in my opinion. And York is even better. Love the York Minster and the all the interesting shops there. That's where I'd go before Leeds. Also Fountain's Abbey - fantastic place. So many things to see so little time. I wish I would have stayed in North Yorkshire rather than going off to France. Oh well, next time.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

SirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud ofSirSteveUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Just one day in Leeds? Well there's the Royal Armouries Museum that's pretty cool if you like history. My MIL and SIL did the medical museum (can't think of the name) pretty interesting and a tad bit gory they said. Outside of Leeds is better, in my opinion. And York is even better. Love the York Minster and the all the interesting shops there. That's where I'd go before Leeds. Also Fountain's Abbey - fantastic place. So many things to see so little time. I wish I would have stayed in North Yorkshire rather than going off to France. Oh well, next time.
Couldn't agree more ...straight back on next train north - but get off at York - you wont regret it...go see the only museum you go round on something like a ski-lift...at least Cindy and I did..
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:22 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Lot's of options for shopping:

http://www.leedsliveitloveit.com/Vis...2/Default.aspx
Old Jul 6th 2008, 7:27 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

The museum of film and photography in Bradford is excellent.
just a hop skip and jump from Leeds.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 8:16 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Just another depressing northern town
Ah-heya ma ma ma...??

Last edited by Tarkak9; Jul 6th 2008 at 8:28 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

oc-bound is on a distinguished road

there's loads of stuff to see in leeds - ignore the ill informed cr4p about it being a depressing northern town.

For a start, The Royal Armouries and the Thackray Medical Museum are great museums near the city centre. Go see the indoor Kirkgate Market - the largest in the UK - and don't forget to look up when you are in the there as the building is stunning. The Corn Exchange (next to the market) is also worth going in - its now a continental food hall. If you're going around the shops (and Leeds has the best shopping in the UK outside of London) try the Victoria Quarter which has the UK's biggest stained glass roof and numerous designer shops (Harvey Nic's, Luis Vuitton, Vivien Westwood etc). Also go down to the waterfront for a wander round the bars and cafe's overlooking the canal and river. If you're there for an evening think about going to the grand theatre, west yorkshire playhouse or city varieties theatre (the UK's oldest surviving music hall).

In and around the city centre try visiting roundhay park and tropical world. alternatively harewood house and temple newsam have beautiful grounds and gardens that are worth a look. the dale's and the north york moors are right on your doorstep too.

I could go on...

The question is - why would you want to go anywhere else?!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oc-bound

The question is - why would you want to go anywhere else?!
Because you can?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok, so the shop I want to hit is on Commercial Street. Where is that with respect to the train station (assuming there's only 1 station)?? Is that in the Victoria Quarter?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:00 am
Ray

Ok, so the shop I want to hit is on Commercial Street. Where is that with respect to the train station (assuming there's only 1 station)?? Is that in the Victoria Quarter?
http://www.vrleeds.co.uk/leeds-virtu...006/index.html
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/files/2005/w...34fd76e63f.pdf
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Google is your friend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.