Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What makes you not proud to be British?

What makes you not proud to be British?

Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:20 am
Lump Of Coal

GetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really nice
Default Re: What makes you not proud to be British?

Originally Posted by Perthbum
tell us how you find Manhattan
Will do
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:23 am
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GetOutOfBlighty
Will do
Good luck
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:23 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

tell us how you find Manhattan
Turn left at Greenland.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:24 am
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Turn left at Greenland.
Didn't have to wait long
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Turn left at Greenland.
That's what I thought...maybe there's a better way.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:26 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't have to wait long
How can you come from a nation that gave us A Hard Day's Night and not be proud, eh?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's what I thought...maybe there's a better way.
Turn right at Cuba, maybe
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:28 am
Lump Of Coal

GetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really nice

Turn left at Greenland.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:32 am
Banned

How can you come from a nation that gave us A Hard Day's Night and not be proud, eh?

Turn right at Cuba, maybe
I am proud of most things British but we have had soooo many crap Governments in the last 50 years that have ruined a once great and proud nation. especially the one before this useless bunch.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Curtis86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not proud of the way we have let in so many immigrants from different Countries come into the UK over the last 60 or 70 years....
Not proud of the hand-outs to some people who are just bone-idle and refuse to take a job even if offered it.
I am not proud of the way us Brits stick by all the EU rules while other European Countries just ignore them.
I really have no problem with immigration but England doesn't have the capacity and space to accommodate immigration here. There really should have been limits on coming into the country. The US has the space for immigration and is a country built on immigrants but even then it struggles with border control. Who would have thought that an island as small as Britain with no borders to other nations would have to struggle with immigration like this
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:41 am
I have a comma problem

I am proud of most things British but we have had soooo many crap Governments in the last 50 years that have ruined a once great and proud nation. especially the one before this useless bunch.
Want to swap and try the US for a few years???
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:46 am
Lump Of Coal

This makes me not proud of Britain...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47Ho...&feature=share

And now the Police seek to identify this lovely lady...

http://bit.ly/rI64mI
Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:08 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Curtis86
well it's entry level and I definatly expect more as I go along further but with the prospects in that role alone and the ability to move up i'm not just going to settle at the $850. I have family members who work in US hospitals in managerial roles and make 80k to 120k a year. This is just the starting point for me
You may need to brush up on your grammar, before hitting that 120k level. Just a thought.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Curtis86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GetOutOfBlighty
This makes me not proud of Britain...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47Ho...&feature=share

And now the Police seek to identify this lovely lady...

http://bit.ly/rI64mI
I seen this earlier and it's been posted all over the internet. It's everywhere. Truly disgusted by this.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:26 am
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the posts in this thread.

My head aches.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:04 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
Most of the posts in this thread.

My head aches.
I think this thread should be moved to the MBTTUK forum.

Just for an hour, to read the responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.